• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Old Winchesters

fillmore

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Arkansas,CSA
Who else is addicted to the old Winnie 22's? I have a 52A,
60A target, 72, and 75 target. And counting...

Re: Old Winchesters

I'm not "addicted" but I have a M52B made in either '35 or '39 (been a long time since I had it out of the stock to look at the bottom of the barrel). It is the best shooting .22 I've every fired.

Also have an old M67 (I think that's the model number) that is ugle but shoots great. If either of my kids ever has kids I'll use it to teach them to shoot a rifle.

Have a tiny little Model 60 (again, guessing as its been awhile since I've even dug that one up - from the storage area, not the dirt
grin.gif
to look at). It's ugly too and it was a sweet shooting little $35 rifle till I made the mistake of cleaning the barrel. Looked like an old sewer pipe inside and not that's what it shoots like, too.

i sure love my 72a! just pulled it out yesterday most consistent .22 i have!

I love the Model 63 and have a few other 22L/S/LR Winchesters as well. They just don't make 'em that good anymore.