• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Older GAP .300WM

dr800

Private
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2007
Virginia beach
Anyone know if George and his magicians have always marked the barrel on their builds with the symbol just forward of the recoil lug? I have an older .300 that the owner claimed was GAP but the only marking is "GA Precision" laser etched on the right side of the barrel forward of the action.

Re: Older GAP .300WM

Well, them it is definetly genuine GAP, and should be marked, I had my first GAP built 5+ years ago and it was marked by the smith. Have you looked under the barrel and not found any markings? Should be just forward of the recoil lug.

Kirk R

Nothing on the bottom of the barrel at all. Makes me wonder if it was a built-up barreled action or just a GAP barrel? Rifle shoots beter than I ever will and the action is smooth. It's probably close to 10 years old now.

Glad to hear it. I was swapping out my AICS 1.5 for a 2.0 and was suprised when I couldn't find the same marks as my buddies M-24.

Thanks all.

Love the stick; hate the kick. The suppressors on the work guns kill much of the recoil but I went with a VAIS brake on mine. Absolutely amazing reduction in felt recoil. You just don't want to be the guy shooting next to me!

Pretty easy way to tell if GAP built your gun besides the laser etched barrel "shoot it!"

I just picked up a 300wm GAP and I can cover my average 3 shot 100yard group with a penny. It will shoot 1 hole groups all day long with almost any ammo I can buy at walmart. I have yet to see what it does with match ammo @ a few hundred yards but I'm guessing I will be pretty happy.