• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Older Gov't .45 no manufacturer name???

jcfd2201

Playing with fire!
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
NE Arizona
Came across an older model gov't .45 and need some help identifying it.

No manufacturer name.
Has beavertail safety.
Has lanyard loop.
Serial# says: NO15161** with the first "1" laying on its side.
Proof mark of "13" on the trigger guard.

No other identifiable marks found.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated!

Re: Older Gov't .45 no manufacturer name???

Thanks VW. I had actually stumbled on that in my search and by serial number it appears to have been built by Remington in 1944. Thanks to the link I found the other pages and it firmed up my thoughts. I only wish most of the finish wasn't worn off. I could pick this up for $200 but have no idea what it's worth.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vwhugger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> THIS may help.</div></div>
great site. Thanks for the link

Well after looking more at the site linked above this appears to be a 1913 Colt. What I thought was a "1" is the underscore of the "NO". Now to just try to find a value!

If there are no identifying marks that you can find its probably been reblued at the very least. But without seeing some pictures we really can't help you identify it at all. It could be some kind of mix-master made out of all sorts of different manufacturers' parts. May not even be worth the $200 they want for it. Without seeing it, it's impossible to tell anything. Sorry...