• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ole School Tikka M695 Upgrades?

USMCsilver

Expert
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Middle of SC
I seem to be coming up a little short when finding many upgrades for this old rifle (minus Boyd's stocks).

It was given to me by my girlfriend in 1999, who then became my wife in 2000. (7mm Mag)

I'm just poking around to see about "modernizing" the rifle.

A chassis system would be optimal. A mag upgrade would be nice, too.

Am I trying to reinvent the wheel, here, or is this something that can be done in a method cheaper than purchasing a new rifle?

Thanks for any insights!

Can’t help in terms of true chassis options - I’d imagine they would be pretty limited if any - but it looks like Boyd’s offers M695 inlets.

IMG_9611.png

In terms of mags, Waters Rifleman offers legacy Tikka mags that would your rifle based on the description. Never used the M695 mags specifically but have in a number of T3s and they are outstanding quality - can’t recommend them enough. Fair warning that it can be a challenge (ie expensive) to get mags here from Australia. David is a standup guy but he generally doesn’t like to ship single mags as he gets killed on the post/exchange rate. So may have to buy a couple to make it work, or see if there are others on the Hide that may go in on an order with you… but that’s about the extent of your options.

IMG_9612.jpeg

Thanks @just browsing

I actually did lots of digging before posting. I saw the Boyds, and saw were there were some things out there that may work with slight modification, but I didn't wanna get into all that.

So, I ordered the Boyds (like the one above, but "pepper"), a new bolt handle, & a trigger spring.

Damn the magazine price! $215??? Like... American dollars? I'm gonna bubble wrap mine.

I guess I'll keep an eye on the boxes of miscellaneous mags at gun shows.

Waters mags are well made, mine feed better than factory or AICS. But they aren't cheap and he will even tell you that you should order multiple items as shipping costs are high too. Newer tikka triggers will probably work too. I have a 595 in .308 and the timney 2 stage works in it.

I think the Waters are listed in AUS $$. I remember the ones that I bought were listed at $165 or $185 on the website but actually ended up being around $125 USD each.

Either way, I’ve had similarly excellent experiences with the Waters mags I’ve used. They’re excellent.

Thanks, y'all. I see factory replacement magazines are actually insanely priced everywhere I've looked. So if I want to get a few, I guess it'll be the Water's.