• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Olight M30 Triton (Weapon Light): Take a Look

BobD

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 5, 2012
So, I have had this light for a while now and thought I would share what I can with those that may be interested. First of all, yes, this is designed as both a handheld and weapon mounted light. Its certainly not small so its application is somewhat limited. It's not a mammoth, so it can be mounted to small er rifles and carbines as long as you dont mind the extra bulk.

Some basic info:
Light has four modes of increasing brightness:
(low= 8lm) (med = 120lm) and (high= 700lm), including strobe @ 700lm-
Dimension 43.5mm/1.71"(D) X 176.9mm/6.96"(L)
Dimension with extender tube 43.5mm/1.71"(D) X 210.9mm/8.3"(L)
Weight: 165.2g/5.83oz
Has a 1" tube and can be mounted using any standard in line or offset mount
Light can tailstand-
IP68 water resistance-
This is not a Surefire-
Light is designed with a beam that has a balance of spill and throw (more spill) not dedicated to either-

Here's a quick look at what comes with the light, sans the pressure switch and weapon mounts
olightbox.jpg

As you can see in these two pictures the (type 3) anodized finish and texture on these are actually quite nice
olightwhole.jpg

olightwhole2.jpg

Cooling fins and striking bezel
olightfins.jpg

Bezel is removable
olightbezel.jpg

Come's with diffuser
olightfilter.jpg

Rear tactile clicky, with instant access to strobe, momentary on, mode switch: all of which are kept when using the pressure switch rear as well
olighttailswitch.jpg

So, 2 different battery options in 3 configurations, they effect run time only and are: 2 18650 li-ion or 3 cr123 in battery tube or 4 cr123. The first and last options require the use of the extender which is pictured there as well
olightbatteries.jpg

[]

Its a nice light that can be had at a fairly decent price if you shop around. Again it is not a dedicated thrower or flood so dont expect a particular performance. Also don't mind many of these lumen ratings... I just had the Fenix tk35 which is similiar rating but because of the deeper reflector that is smooth opposed to this, which is orange peel, it appeared almost twice as bright (again, thats solely a handheld light...) For a 1" weapon mounted light its a very good deal.

I will try to update shortly with some more information including some beamshots if some of youare interested. Hope this helps-

Re: Olight M30 Triton (Weapon Light): Take a Look

I have had this light mounted to my ar for about 2 years now and not a problem yet. It sets in a command arms forwardgrip mo.unt with a tape switck

So I wanted to follow up with a few more pictures of beamshots etc...
Below are a few pics, nothing scientific but should give you an idea of the brightness of the light. Photos were taken with the camera focused in low light without any adjustments to light settings or finished picture. I did this to demonstrate what the light look like to the viewer when first turning it on and the brightness as it would appear when your eyes are dilated.

I will post again with proper outdoor and accross room beam shots with the camera focused in a manner that would depict someone using the light for search or illumination purposes.

For frame of reference I mounted this to 16" ar-15 with carbine length handguards. Although not practical for a carbine, you can see it clears everything properly... (might do nice on a varmint rig). Here you can also see the emmiter as well as the size and shape of the orange peel reflector-
olightmounted3.jpg

This is on low setting, notice the pentagonal shape of the corona.
2012-07-16_18-25-21_383.jpg

2012-07-16_18-25-09_871.jpg

2012-07-16_18-26-45_612.jpg

As you can see, although not the brightest light available, ite certainly no slouch (even on its medium power).
2012-07-16_18-28-02_144.jpg

Ok, so the following are pics in a small room to show the different modes with diffuser or ceiling bounce. I will re post pics done in a larger room shortly.
2012-07-16_13-34-50_820.jpg

2012-07-16_13-34-59_703.jpg

2012-07-16_13-35-08_984.jpg

I'm sure you've noticed through the pictures that the low mode is signifigantly different than its next step up. This was done simply for runtime. Although not blinding, the low mode is still very useful and anyone who has used a high powered light will appreciate the ability to use a mode that don't burn batteries as fast.

More coming soon...
If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them.

'MDesign' this is one of the flashlights I was suggesting to you in your thread. Figured I would pop it up for your reference. Again, it is apples to oranges comparing this to the Fenix tk35 I mentioned. They are both great lights in their own way. If you can shell out for the surefire you will indeed get a ruggedness that none of these will posses. They are shock and impact resistant as well as water proof... just not on the same level. On the other side, I dont believe that surefire will offer all the same other features... eg. I don't believe the fury has strobe or a second switch to mode select. It also only has 2 settings.

Hope this helps