• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Olympia, WA gunsmiths?

mciver

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Olympia, WA
Hey boys, need some work done locally (checkering on a 1911) in my area and am curious if anyone out there might know someone in the lower Puget Sound area?
Thanks,
Malcolm

Re: Olympia, WA gunsmiths?

Got a really good guy in Sequim....about 2-2.5 hours north. There are a shit pot of bigger named firearm related buisness around Oly though...really suprising. Was it Nesika? Couple other well known brands and smiths.

Malcolm,

I highly recommend a member here, 7mmAM. Travis is a hell of a good guy and gunsmith, he builds winning rifles....I'm not sure if he does checkering though.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showprofile&User=13836

His website needs work, he knows that, but his contact info is there
smile.gif
www.rbrosrifles.com

PM me if you need other info, myself and others here can vouch for his work.

If he can't do it, then try J. Beagle, he builds some nice 1911's but is about 90 minutes south of Olympia. 360.904.3600 [email protected]

Jason

Sorry Guys,

I don't do that type of work. My dad did it when he was still working on guns, but he doesn't do it anymore. Rifles were always my thing, so that is what I learned to build...with the occasional single action pistol build here and there.

Thanks guys,

Travis...i hear you know a buddy of mine from the Sheriff's office...Isaac. He has been pushing me to you for my next build..i will give you a ring here soon and do some talking about a rifle.
Malcolm