• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Olympic AR-15 K8 Accuracy?

jcochran

Private
Minuteman
Oct 23, 2009
Montana
Bought an Olympic AR-15 K8 in 5.56 with the 20" barrel. I've read some articles that put the accuracy all over the place. What can I realistically expect and what ammunition if any has anyone been having good luck with?

Re: Olympic AR-15 K8 Accuracy?

What is the twist rate on the barrel? Try some Hornady 75gr BTHP Match or Some Black Hills 77 gr SMKs if it is a 1:8 or 1:7 but if it is a 1:9 you probably want to try some Black Hills 69gr SMKs

I can't speak for the k8 but I have two k16's that shoot very well. They both shoot better than I could ask for and have had 0 issues with either one feeding, extracting, etc.
I wouldn't have any problem buying another one any day.

K8 and 75gr BH Match makes a good combo. Mine shoots great at 100,200, and at 300 it is damn impressive, and 385 it is flat spectacular, 500 is as solid as you could expect out of a 20" AR.

50gr V Max HSM is also great ammo at closer ranges.

I put a JP trigger in mine and I love it. I shoot a 50gr V-Max and consistently shoot sub-moa groups at 1-200yds. I don't get a chance to shoot much further than that, but don't think I would have any problems.

As far as mechanics, I have not had 1 malfunction with it so far.