• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Omega 36m Do I need it?

Outlaw45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 12, 2007
Iowa, USA
I have an Omega300 and a Griffin Paladin 300. I'm looking for something to put on a Mpx 9mm and was considering the Omega9k. But the 36m seems like it does the same as the Omega9k and also offers more. So is there a reason to get the 9k other than cheaper cost?

Last edited:
I had to look it up. I have an Omega 9k and it's just the titties for 9mm. Tons of mounting options including ASR flash hider and 3 lug for subs and carbines. Short enough to actually use on a pistol. They seem very similar save that extra blast chamber for rifles. Because when you use an ASR mount in an Omega 9k, it does take up a lot of the blast chamber space (though they do make a compact one, just not sure it's for 9mm).

But unless you plan on actually using it on other caliber weapons, or you plan on using it on 9mm rifles (I use mine on a Tavor) and are using an ASR mount, I don't see much use. And even then not so sure the ASR would make that much difference? What concerns me is the db rating --128.9 AND UP. How far up? With what caliber?

If you have .350 Legend and hunt with it now and again, I can see this being the titties. If it's superior on 9mm rifles with the ASR mount and you intend on using it on rifles and pistols, I can see it being useful that way. If not and/or dedicated to 9mm pistols, then Omega 9k and save the money.

It would primarily be for 3 lug on a 9mm Sig Mpx and probably 9mm handguns. I don't have a 350 legend now but that may be something I do. Is the 9k able to do 350 legend?

I emailed silencerco and they emailed me back stating that the 9k will handle the 350 legend as long as the barrel is 16" or longer.
Ive shot mine a fair bit and have had no issues so far, and it sounds pretty nice, though in a bolt gun it would be more nice.

good luck.

I say get one. My local store has one that we got to shoot recently. It sounded great and was very quiet on a CMMG Banshee and MPX.