• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On the fence about a 25 cal?

Lesco Brandon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
679B528B-96B1-4677-AA6E-1F6FCA20E3D3.jpeg
I showed up to a Global Benchrest Association match with my PRS rifle chambered in 25 CM because I wanted to put it on paper at 1000 yards. There were a ton of guys with 40+ pound specialized rifles with front rests that probably cost more then my entire rifle. I was a little intimidated because I was shooting with a bipod and rear bag, none of that fancy stuff. When they retrieved the 1000 yard targets and posted the scores I was pretty ecstatic. I had the third best groups of the entire match measuring 6.463" and tied for the best score 45/50. I realize there are better groups being shot at 1000 yards, but when I compare this rifle alongside 40 other shooters in the exact same conditions I have to say that the 131g Blackjack ACE .257 cal bullet is just a hammer.

That's a pretty good looking 1k group, well done! Just about to have mine up and running, pretty excited to try it out, only thing I still have to get done is torque the barrel down. I've got loads ready for a ladder test, so I'm anxious to go shoot as soon as I don't have other things going on in the evenings.

The Blackjack bullets have definitely breathed life into the quarter bore, at least for precision shooters.

I have always liked the 25-06 for hunting, my last buck was taken with one of my Mauser 98's in 25-06. A 10-point 20-inch spread, a good sized deer for the Upper Peninsula of Mich, taken at about 17 feet dashing through the swamp grass.

Congrats man, that is something to be proud of!