• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On the fence, would like your opinion, what 1out 3

207Copper

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2008
Independence, Kansas
I am trying to decide which would be best. I have a LMT Standard Flattop Upper Receiver 1/7 Twist, Chrome-lined Barrel 10.5 with standard flash suppressor.

1) Q/D Suppressor in .223
2) Optic either Eotech, AP Comp M2 ect.
3) More Ammo.

Gun is complete and operable with iron sights.
Have currently 500+ rnds SS109
Got mags, carriers ect..

For clarification I can only get one. Got that small town PD budget to work on. So there is my prob which one to get???
Opinions???

Re: On the fence, would like your opinions...

Surefire Suppressor
Aimpoint M3 with 2moa dot in a Larue mount, EOTechs are too fragillie for me
You did'nt list twist, if 1/7 stock up on 75bthp

+1 to Cobra.

Me, I've got the M3 and love it, though I recently slapped an ACOG on top and I like that even more. Eh, to me, iron sights are good for beer bets but if I have to drop someone, I'll have optics on my rig.

500 rounds of 5.56 would last me for 2 or 3 shooting sessions, and that means that I'd easily be through those rounds in a month. If you shoot a lot, you will be too.

I'd probably rank an optic first, ammo second, and the suppressor third.

~ZL

More ammo! I hate to be the one to say it - but 500 rounds ain't shit... Neither of the other two stated options are of any use - unless you have AMMO.

AAC M4-2000 suppressor and never look back.

With Dems wanting arms control. Ammo by the case the only item to have first. Guns w/o ammo are just clubs. Optic next. Suppressor last.

Optics are nice put not mandatory as is a suppresor.I would get as much ammo as possible. Also I would look for something other then ss109 as its not the best performer in a 10" gun.Look for something like hornady TAP or fed tactical.Being in LE you dont want the liability that comes with FMJ penetrator ammo.Also for $35 get a light rail insert for the front site then you can snap an surefire g2 in a 1 inch ring on it.

Thanks for the input guys.

Not sure if I am going to get to use this at work, the patrol rifle policy is still up in the air.

Anyone know a good place to get bulk 223 that is not lacquered?

Guessing from what I can read 75gr BTHP???

Re: On the fence, would like your opinion, what 1out 3

Another vote for ammo, as IMO the price on it will rise faster than for optics or suppressors. Also, the 500 rounds you have is really just enough for a day at the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Guns4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With Dems wanting arms control. Ammo by the case the only item to have first. Guns w/o ammo are just clubs. </div></div>

<span style="color: #000099">Agreed.</span>

I also agree with get ammo. what good is a nice optic or suppressor if you have no ammo. unless you want to use it as a club, then the extra weight will help.

i would keep at least 500 rds in reserve . Some people think they need thousands of rounds to ride out a SHTF situation.Remember everyone died at the Alamo.Not saying this is what you have in mind. I would go with the Eotech ,cobra 427 states it is to fragile . I rode with one kicked around in a Stryker for a year no malfunctions and one battery change. It also was removed numerous times for serial number checks and never lost zero. I find the one minute center dot to greatly increase precision shooting with no loss in speed for close range CQB. Never have shot a suppresor but would like to.