• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition on the line fouling?

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
I cleaned my barrel and went out to do some seating depth load development. In most of my guns, I have been able to foul my barrel in about 5 rounds. This new Krieger took about 8 rounds to foul. So when you need to foul a barrel on the line, do you just use the sighters to evaluate wind?

The blue circled shots in the target below are shots 6,7 and 8, then the POI changed and the rest followed. Everything was shot in a round robin sequence, these are 5 shot groups.

Thx Ted

Last edited:
I always concider first shot as a fouler... more than one? Maybe if my rifle shoots like that it wont bother me no matter how many foulers needed..maybe go on a competition with dirty barrel..:) what caliber is this

Looks like you have a winner with that barrel. The local F class match that I go to has a blow off period where you can fire fouler shots at steel targets before the first relay. Otherwise, I guess I would make sure I fouled my barrel before going to a match.

Ted,
How many rounds total through the new pipe at this point? It might take a few more to "settle down", so to speak. On the other hand, as long as you know this is how it behaves, make sure you put at least that many rounds through it before shooting for score. Fortunately, unlimited first match sighters will allow you to do this, even if it is a bit painful ($$$). Either way, it's looking much better than the previous barrel in terms of grouping.