• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Movie Theater On this day in 1984….

Something that always bothered me. When they open fire on the tankers from the holes in the ground. Where'd the dirt go???

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Something that always bothered me. When they open fire on the tankers from the holes in the ground. Where'd the dirt go???
You spread the pile of dirt out. I always wonder why there is never enough dirt to refill a hole. :ROFLMAO:

iu

• Haha
Reactions: earthquake
First movie released with the PG-13 rating. (though not the first to get it)

Oddly I know exactly where I was that day and what I was doing. (and not some amazing unusual thing that would cause me to remember)

Gulags in the Mid West. Who would have thought that in 2022, we're now concerned about our own government building them instead of the Russians...

Reactions: BLEE
Does anybody know what particular portable radio Mr. Mason handed to Robert? I like old radios and wanted to see if I could find that make and model.
Thanks.

And as of yesterday, it's currently free to watch in full on youtube:

Will probably be available until the end of the month, they usually rotate around then, but sometimes they'll be up for a lot longer.

Reactions: cornhusker86
C'mon Mtn... they're Wolverines! You know they burrowed those tunnels from miles away and popped out from underground.

Or is that badgers?

Or really angry gophers.

Anyhoo... That's how John Milius explained it...

Sirhr

And as of yesterday, it's currently free to watch in full on youtube:

Will probably be available until the end of the month, they usually rotate around then, but sometimes they'll be up for a lot longer.

one of the best movies to come out of the 80s and especially when you consider how the country felt about Russia and communism. I still remember the newsweek magazine covers of 14yr old Russian kids marching with AKs

lol, I've watched this movie a million times and that never occurred to me.

As a going to be a sophomore in HS living in Colorado, I related quite well to this movie.

I have the patch to prove it. 🤠

IMG_0356.jpeg

Reactions: cornhusker86
Can somebody PLEASE! make a meme of this, only with a banana holding the AK? Please? (And with "Wolverines", not gophers). Or gophers.

Actually... I want stickers. Lots of stickers. And velcro morale patches.

Can somebody PLEASE! make a meme of this, only with a banana holding the AK? Please? (And with "Wolverines", not gophers). Or gophers.

I'm pretty good at this. Give me a few and let me see what I can do.

Reactions: Mudburner

I think this is it

Let me know and I can do some slight editing if needed

iu

Silly rabbit. The movie production crew took it away with the backhoe.

Does anybody know what particular portable radio Mr. Mason handed to Robert? I like old radios and wanted to see if I could find that make and model.
Thanks.
A15A4F4E-CD83-4EF7-9257-A1169DED5C1A.jpeg
CDF337E4-FE2F-417D-B2C9-8F16D69C2F54.jpeg
4948FF80-E85E-411B-84AE-C212C2A11462.png
3594A041-ECE3-4A7D-BF4B-BAC92C2B1835.jpeg
CFB3B81E-C1E0-4D01-B3C6-7EF51582D185.jpeg

You got me interested… one came from the store. Boom box type.

The other is probably not known… could have been small transistor. Or USA had large stores of small radios that could be handed out to guerilla groups or folks in Eastern Europe so they could listen to VoA or RFE or BBC, which was verboten. Concealed in a frozen? Good tin like that… hard to say what it is. Maybe even a home-made crystal set. That stuff was still around in the ‘80s. Radio Shack kits!

Sirhr

View attachment 7948586View attachment 7948587View attachment 7948588View attachment 7948589View attachment 7948590

The other is probably not known… could have been small transistor. Or USA had large stores of small radios that could be handed out to guerilla groups or folks in Eastern Europe so they could listen to VoA or RFE or BBC, which was verboten. Concealed in a frozen? Good tin like that… hard to say what it is. Maybe even a home-made crystal set. That stuff was still around in the ‘80s. Radio Shack kits!

Sirhr
I still carry a road atlas when I travel. Never know when somethings gonna go 'poof' and no gps.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
View attachment 7948586View attachment 7948587View attachment 7948588View attachment 7948589View attachment 7948590

Sirhr
I looked at a lot of pictures of vintage portable radios, there is a quick back shot of the radio when they're listening around the campfire. Based on the size of it and that it has an angle on the back and the antenna retracts into the housing, I'm quite confident it's a GE pocket transistor circa early 80's.
The other is probably a GE portable; probably common to a general store then. On a side note; one cool feature some radios had from that era was the capability to listen to TV channels. I don't think they could pick up TV sound anymore unless they were retro fitted with a digital converter.