• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

On vacation, any good gun shops in Kentucky?

crackerbacks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2010
SE Michigan
On vacation, any good gun shops in Kentucky? We are staying in Louisville today and tomorrow and I was just wondering if there’s anything worth stopping in to? Not looking for anything in particular but anything with reloading would be awesome.

Reactions: Slash0311
There are no good shops with reloading supplies around Louisville. Cabelas has got the most shelf space for that stuff and I imagine they are mostly empty. There use to be a gunshop in the Lyndon area of Louisville that had a lot of guns called Shooters Supply. It went out of business and part of the shop became a reloading supply that had a lot of powder. It must have gone out of business as well because I can’t seem to find it on a map. The shops listed above are the best for guns, but they don’t really specialize in reloading stuff.

+1 on Whittakers. Its a little drive from Lousiville but Ive bought several guns there at great prices. Prices aren't as good as a few years ago before they remodeled and built their new building but still worth the hour drive for me every time I've gone.

Quest Outdoors in Louisville has a huge selection of outdoor gear from rock climbing, backpacking, kayaks, and clothing if that's up your alley.

If you Google stuff, Clarksville and New Albany Indiana are just across the river and easy drives. Bass Pro and Cabelas are there. Walk aroind downtown New Albany. Several small shops worth looking at (more stuff for wives). Olivet has unique olive oils which I've made the run to just for that.

+1 on Whittakers. Its a little drive from Lousiville but Ive bought several guns there at great prices. Prices aren't as good as a few years ago before they remodeled and built their new building but still worth the hour drive for me every time I've gone.

Quest Outdoors in Louisville has a huge selection of outdoor gear from rock climbing, backpacking, kayaks, and clothing if that's up your alley.

If you Google stuff, Clarksville and New Albany Indiana are just across the river and easy drives. Bass Pro and Cabelas are there. Walk aroind downtown New Albany. Several small shops worth looking at (more stuff for wives). Olivet has unique olive oils which I've made the run to just for that.
Darrell died and the family sold to someone else.

It isn't the same, but yes, they do generally stock a lot of gear, guns and gadgets.

Darrell was hated universally by dealers over a hundred miles away because of his buying power and always getting desired but hard to get stuff.

And he was a good guy to boot. I spent a lot of time talking to him in the 90s' and he taught me about how to operate a gun store.

We were there the day he had a heart attack, very heavy fella for sure, but he recovered from it and stayed in business for many years after.

Haven't been there since they sold, but if you are looking for it, it's actually West Louisville and it isn't anywhere near Louisville KY. think more Calhoun.