• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Once fired Lake City brass 5.56

2clicks

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
Hey guys what's your preference on buying once fired lake city brass. As is from original source or processed? Processed meaning cleaned, sized, trimmed to length, deprimed, and crimp removed or some other variation of processed brass like cleaned, primer crimp removed and deprimed only? And whats the reason for your preference?

Re: Once fired Lake City brass

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 2clicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey guys what's your preference on buying once fired lake city brass. As is from original source or processed? Processed meaning cleaned, sized, trimmed to length, deprimed, and crimp removed or some other variation of processed brass like cleaned, primer crimp removed and deprimed only? And whats the reason for your preference? </div></div>

I never buy processed brass, especially LC.

One never knows how many cycles the stuff has on it.

Do the grunt work yourself, like removing the primer crimp and then you'll know for sure.

I have 1x stuff that who knows how many cycles it's gone through, it deviates that much with differing primers and whatnot.

Chris

I am currently in the process of processing a large quantity of 1x fired LC brass that I bought from my local LE. It is extremely time consuming, even when using a Dillon 650 with casefeeder to speed things up, and I am wondering if it is really worth the time instead of buying fully prepped brass.

If time is no issue then go for it...I doubt I will go this route again.

Thanks guys I guess I'll do the sure thing and fire up the tuning tools getting sick of trimming even with the giraud it gets old...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bcuzisedso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am currently in the process of processing a large quantity of 1x fired LC brass that I bought from my local LE. It is extremely time consuming, even when using a Dillon 650 with casefeeder to speed things up, and I am wondering if it is really worth the time instead of buying fully prepped brass.

If time is no issue then go for it...I doubt I will go this route again. </div></div>

Agree with you on PITA. I'm taking this route next time

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=FA556UPB&src=tpSlrHm