• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One Bullet, Two Guns

Sky Blue Lou

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2021
New Hampshire
Hi guys - not sure where to ask/discuss this but this looks like a decent spot.

I'm a rimfire guy. Ruger 10/22 and Vudoo 360. Waiting on a Taurus tx22 to arrive to learn some pistol basics. I am thinking about the next steps toward a basic proficiency in simple firearms and subsistence or defense, if need be, but more a fun and interesting hobby approach as retirement nears. I am all about keeping it reasonably inexpensive and accessible.

Having said that the two-cartridge option has appeal. I have my .22lr guns and I was thinking a pistol and PCC combo. 9mm is widely available and I like the looks of the Ruger PC Carbine and add pretty much any Glock and there you go.

Thoughts on this? Other guns or calibers that work for you? Price of the firearms is not an issue - I own a lovely Vudoo and don't regret it for a moment. I am cost conscious only about the ammo - I plan on burning through a bunch!

Thanks guys.

lou

*edit - Mods - please move this if there is a more appropriate forum - thanx.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm much of a PCC guy, but I am a Glock guy, and, in a similar form, I did pick up a Keltec Sub2000 chambered in 9mm which is a treat. Takes the same mags and all!

My vote is to buy 3 guns (or build a third).
1. G44 - Takes your same .22LR and is same footprint as a G19
2. G19 Gen5 MOS - You can shoot it as is, or hop it up with the latest and greatest Red dot and have a blast while you're at it.
3a. Get a Sub2000 if you just want a toy you'll take to the range with you from time to time when you go to shoot your Glock.
3b. BUILD an AR platform PCC. Lots of sales going on right now with Black Friday right around the corner. You can be in for less than the cost of a Ruger PCC and have the pride (and knowledge of functionality) of having built it yourself.

Note: if you insist on a Ruger PC Carbine (nothing wrong with them, just not my cup of tea) Just make sure you get one that takes Glock Mags if you decide to get a Glock pistol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sky Blue Lou
Yeah the 2 Glock option. I thought of that but went with the Taurus competition model with 5.25 inch barrel. I suck at pistol and need to start with longer. I don't care for the Ruger Charger either. The PC Carbine is more like a 10/22 on steroids - has pretty good reviews. I need to have something that looks more like a hunting rifle than a military piece for domestic tranquility reasons. :cool:

Good info - thanks. The Glock G44 idea may be a great interim step prior to bumping up the caliber.

Yeah the 2 Glock option. I thought of that but went with the Taurus competition model with 5.25 inch barrel. I suck at pistol and need to start with longer. I don't care for the Ruger Charger either. The PC Carbine is more like a 10/22 on steroids - has pretty good reviews. I need to have something that looks more like a hunting rifle than a military piece for domestic tranquility reasons. :cool:

Good info - thanks. The Glock G44 idea may be a great interim step prior to bumping up the caliber.
I meant Ruger Carbine, but Charger Came out! Corrected. Thanks for the catch.

A note on the G44. There are far better .22's then the G44, but there are none better at replicating the feel of a G19.

For non gun-range days, I also run an airsoft G19x which is safe to shoot in the house (with appropriate measures). This is also something you could consider for a trainer/interim step. Get a green gas one and have a blast!

Reactions: Sky Blue Lou
AR-15 and Q Mini Fix. Both in 223/5.56, both use same mags.

As far as target shooting the 9mm isn’t going to do anything that your 22’s don’t already do.

I added a Sig MPX PCC to supplement my other 9mm pistols and I am loving it so far. They don't share magazines obviously but for home defense and SHTF stuff I now have another small carbine that uses the same ammunition as my Pistols and *damn* am I burning up/loading 9mm. Like 500 rounds last week training and getting familiarized with the PCC.

A pistol and a carbine that share ammunition and/or magazines? I'm really liking that concept and that MPX lays accurate and fast rate of fire. Plus it has the same operating platform as my AR which really appeals.

VooDoo

Reactions: Nbleak21
Same ammo for more than one launcher...good idea. Some cowboys thought of doing that back in the late 1800's.