• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One Can, One Mount, Three Rifles... ASR & A419

M8541Reaper

Frozen Sour Patch Kid Cult Leader
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 23, 2011
    AZ
    Ok so the obvious answer to this question is to buy a dedicated can for my AXSR...but that is not happening for at least another year.

Rifles:
    -AXSR w/ A419 Brakes
    -LMT MRP
    -M1A

First World Dilemma:
    I have the A419 suppressor adapter kit and I am going to send my AAC 762SDN6 off to ECCO for the conversion.
    I plan on getting the ASR adapter and brake for my LMT/M1A. I like the locking feature for a gas gun, especially if I'm going to be using it in run-n-gun/2-gun matches.
    Once I get my can back, I don't plan to shoot any of the rifles without the can.

Question #1:
    Does anyone here run the ASR on their bolt gun?
    If so, how do you like it?
    If not anymore, did you switch due to repeatability problems?

Question #2:
    Is the ASR repeatable if I swap between my rifles and witness mark each so they go back on and tighten/lock down at the same spot?
    If so, I was planning on just replacing my AXSR's A419 mounts with ASR brakes so I don't have to swap the adapters out each time I want to use it on another rifle.

Thanks everyone!

Pics of the AXSR and LMT or we ain’t answering shit!
    F1BE5903-C636-4AC8-896D-4C70994D6F76.jpeg

Far from a poor there. I want an AXSR bad!!! Need me an AI in my life. Beautiful rigs.

Unfortunately I don’t have much experience with the ASR… I run my hybrid with one of a 9mm PCC and use to on a Ruger American 450bm, but went to direct thread on that. I had read of repeatability issues but never experience any.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
    Far from a poor there. I want an AXSR bad!!! Need me an AI in my life. Beautiful rigs.

Unfortunately I don’t have much experience with the ASR… I run my hybrid with one of a 9mm PCC and use to on a Ruger American 450bm, but went to direct thread on that. I had read of repeatability issues but never experience any.
    It’s a nice rifle. Had an issue with a retention pin falling out on the cheek riser’s lever but it was a simple pop in and dab of glue. Glad I got it…but not glad that they went with an unbonded action that has 5 bolts to manage 😂

I think the answer to your last question is yes: Repeatable if the ASR mount is in the same position, but each gun is going to show its own POI change, but the POI change should be predictable.

Next questions is: how married are you to the ASR mount? I might steer you toward Rearden or an AAC mount, since that is your suppressor.

Next observation: ECCO will find the right answer for you. Good choice, and good for you in holding on to a relic that is still a great can.

Reactions: Gentleman4561
    3 of my rifles are threaded and I have the Silencerco ASR2 brakes on them. They work well for me. And even though they are not compensators, the redirection of recoil is helping to reduce muzzle flip. I keep an eye on the target better. And with these, Silencerco makes a can that fits right over them. So, I could move it from rifle to rifle as needed. I have one non-threaded rifle and I put a Kahntrol Solutions clamp-on that works great.

When I moved from California to Kentucky one of my first thoughts was to purchase a suppressor. I wanted one that was repeatable and always mounted to the same spot so bullet impact would not be different when remounted. I found PTP Tactical which stated their suppressor (Master Chief) always mounted to the same orientation when mounted. It also did not have any levers that needed to be used, it just twisted on and locked in place. That meant it would fit under a handguard and install without any issues. It uses a three lug muzzle brake or flash suppressor or direct thread. I've used mine using their muzzle brake on .223, 308 and 300 BO firearms and everything in between, semi-auto and bolt action. I've not seen a POI change on any firearm I've used it on. It has proven to be the best bang for the buck I could find.

I think the answer to your last question is yes: Repeatable if the ASR mount is in the same position, but each gun is going to show its own POI change, but the POI change should be predictable.

Next questions is: how married are you to the ASR mount? I might steer you toward Rearden or an AAC mount, since that is your suppressor.

Next observation: ECCO will find the right answer for you. Good choice, and good for you in holding on to a relic that is still a great can.
    Ok cool. Yea I know each will be different, which is just a simple note. Biggest thing was if it would be repeatable.

AAC 51T can eat a dick. That system is shit, which is why I’m going to send it to ECCO to get snipped. I was so fed up with it that I rarely ever shot with my can on and it just became a burdensome paperweight.

Not actually married to the ASR just yet because I haven’t purchased any of the mounts/adapters. Only adapter/mount system I have currently is the A419.

Reason for the ASR choice was it has a locking collar, which I want for piece of mind while LARPing over obstacles and banging around on my basement barricades. 😀

There are tons of good options these days. I personally like Griffin or TBAC. You can get a HUB adaptor for either. I have shot both a lot and neither comes loose, despite no secondary retention, and both return to zero. Griffin has more device and thread options than any other manufacturer.

I run the Area 419 system on all my AXSR barrels and Keymo on my gas guns. The keymo mount is repeatable enough and I really like it for gas guns, but timing stuff with shims gets old fast.

I have heard lots of not great things about the ASR mount, but they're not my experiences.

I've been impressed by the Reardon stuff too. So my vote would be either Reardon, keymo or 419.

I dont run ASR on my bolt guns(i know you asked about that)but I have a Saker K 556 that i swap between 3 AR’s(2 of those I regularly shoot groups with and longer range stuff). The repeatability of the ASR system has been good for me. I have read all the hate for ASR systems and I have not experienced it. I have several TBAC cans for my bolt guns. The ASR seats on a taper and then locks down on a toothed ring for secondary retention. As along as the interface is clean there is no reason why it shouldn’t be repeatable. Im sure there are better options out there since the ASR system has been around for a minute but it’s definitely not a bad way to go if you decide to.