• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s One dog saves another from death! video!

Re: One dog saves another for death! video!

He was probly thinking it was an easy meal in hard times. Bet he was pissed when those guys showed up and took his meal away
wink.gif

Sweet

And some don't understand why I like my dog more than most people.

Noble animal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Just Roy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And some don't understand why I like my dog more than most people.

Noble animal. </div></div>Amen!

And if you have a choice, let the dog into the house before you let in the wife. The dog always stops barking after he's let in........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xs hedspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The dog always stops barking after he's let in........ </div></div>
Sounds like our wives are sisters LOL
grin.gif

That's an amazing video

how many times have you yelled at your wife, kid,or neighbor, rubbed their nose in the puddle of piss, or pile of shit they left on the floor and then 5 min. later called them over and they acted like nothing has happened. my dog is my best friend, and will always love me unconditionaly. my wife on the other hand...

....And theologians say that animals don't have souls.
wink.gif

Dog 1 was in heat and dog 2 didn't want to risk screwing her in the middle of the road.

I'd not soon make light of something so tender as the loyalty within a pack.

Thanks for posting that extremely moving video... I like it when my soul is stirred...and that was truly touching.

I read up about this story. Authorities tried to find these dogs but were never found.

the dachshund my wife had before we got together raised a day old kitten that my had been given to my wife, and after a few days the dogs back two tits filled up and she nursed the kitten. that sort of thing hapens all the time..remember koko's kitten?

Was on a busy 2 lane highway, in a rural area, when all of a sudden a Bobcat ran out and got smashed.

The dead cat's mate, ran out grabbed it by the neck, and in vain tried to pull it off the highway, by the nape of it's neck.

Another car came up.........and it bolted off.
Amazing.................

wow. you have to love dogs.
no two animals on earth bond the way man and dog do. i'm glad for that.

Hachiko

In 1924, Hachik&#333; was brought to Tokyo by his owner, Hidesabur&#333; Ueno, a professor in the agriculture department at the University of Tokyo. During his owner's life Hachik&#333; saw him off from the front door and greeted him at the end of the day at the nearby Shibuya Station. The pair continued their daily routine until May 1925, when Professor Ueno didn't return on the usual train one evening. The professor had suffered a stroke at the university that day. He died and never returned to the train station where his friend was waiting.

Hachik&#333; was given away after his master's death, but he routinely escaped, showing up again and again at his old home. After time, Hachik&#333; apparently realized that Professor Ueno no longer lived at the house. So he went to look for his master at the train station where he had accompanied him so many times before. Each day, Hachik&#333; waited for Professor Ueno to return. And each day he didn't see his friend among the commuters at the station.

The permanent fixture at the train station that was Hachik&#333; attracted the attention of other commuters. Many of the people who frequented the Shibuya train station had seen Hachik&#333; and Professor Ueno together each day. Realizing that Hachik&#333; waited in vigil for his dead master, their hearts were touched. They brought Hachik&#333; treats and food to nourish him during his wait.

This continued for 10 years, with Hachik&#333; appearing only in the evening time, precisely when the train was due at the station.

That same year, another of Ueno's former students (who had become something of an expert on the Akita breed) saw the dog at the station and followed him to the Kobayashi home where he learned the history of Hachik&#333;'s life. Shortly after this meeting, the former student published a documented census of Akitas in Japan. His research found only 30 purebred Akitas remaining, including Hachik&#333; from Shibuya Station.

Professor Ueno's former student returned frequently to visit the dog and over the years published several articles about Hachik&#333;'s remarkable loyalty. In 1932 one of these articles, published in Tokyo's largest newspaper, threw the dog into the national spotlight. Hachik&#333; became a national sensation. His faithfulness to his master's memory impressed the people of Japan as a spirit of family loyalty all should strive to achieve. Teachers and parents used Hachik&#333;'s vigil as an example for children to follow. A well-known Japanese artist rendered a sculpture of the dog, and throughout the country a new awareness of the Akita breed grew.

Hachik&#333; died on March 8, 1935, of filariasis (heartworm). His stuffed and mounted remains are kept at the National Science Museum of Japan in Ueno, Tokyo.

The statue of Hachik&#333; in Shibuya.In April 1934, a bronze statue in his likeness was erected at Shibuya Station (35°39&#8242;32.97&#8243;N 139°42&#8242;2.46&#8243;E&#65279; / &#65279;35.6591583°N 139.7006833°E&#65279; / 35.6591583; 139.7006833), and Hachik&#333; himself was present at its unveiling. The statue was recycled for the war effort during World War II. After the war, Hachik&#333; was not forgotten. In 1948 The Society for Recreating the Hachik&#333; Statue commissioned Takeshi Ando, son of the original artist who had since died, to make a second statue. The new statue, which was erected in August 1948, still stands and is an extremely popular meeting spot. The station entrance near this statue is named "Hachik&#333;-guchi", meaning "The Hachik&#333; Exit", and is one of Shibuya Station's five exits.

The Japan Times played a practical joke on readers by reporting that the bronze statue was stolen a little before 2AM on April 1, 2007, by "suspected metal thieves". The false story told a very detailed account of an elaborate theft by men wearing khaki workers' uniforms who secured the area with orange safety cones and obscured the theft with blue vinyl tarps. The "crime" was allegedly recorded on security cameras.

A similar statue stands in Hachik&#333;'s hometown, in front of Odate Station. In 2004, a new statue of Hachik&#333; was erected on the original stone pedestal from Shibuya in front of the Akita Dog Museum in Odate.

Annual Ceremony
Each year on April 8th[3], Hachik&#333;'s devotion is honored with a solemn ceremony of remembrance at Tokyo's Shibuya railroad station. Hundreds of dog lovers often turn out to honor his memory and loyalty.[4][5]

While people are more important than animals. Dogs are still better than 99.9999% of us.