• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One dollar 2024 Tahoe

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I’ll say it again… it’s not intelligence!

Now wonder where else this works? Car dealers may fight.

But what about similar manipulations on WalMart or Amazon. Or Bass Pro Shops? Or Home Depot. I’d be trying it like crazy! I mean a Tahoe they notice. How about dozens of scopes or TV’s or appliances? Take them weeks to spot the error.

Just ‘sayin!

Sirhr

Last edited:
100% chance that dealer will not sell that vehicle for $1.00.

If they do the tax/tag/title fee will be only $80,000.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
What if the dealer gave AI the “power”
To create a binding contract? Which it may have done.

Serious about the implications.

And what if it was not a vehicle? What if it was, say, a $2000 scope from Amazon and no human intervention was involved? AI just … ships it?

If it the logic bomb works with a program sophisticated enough to sell a Tahoe, what about cheaper systems at “other”’stores.

It’s simply human (real) intelligence vs. database responses. Ergo… human wins.

What if the AI system does t have a human checking up on it? How much could you loot a store or a bank or an insurance company for…

Cheers, Sirhr

Reactions: atomic41
There's no deal until it's on paper. Sure one could go to court, but then for a $1 vehicle you got a $75k lawyer bill.

Reactions: Maggot
There's no deal until it's on paper. Sure one could go to court, but then for a $1 vehicle you got a $75k lawyer bill.

I don’t disagree. Then again, the dealer might end up with a similar bill OR lose and be liable for buyers legal fees.

Internet “signatures” have been binding contracts for years. Documents get sent for e-signature. Admittedly, “no backsies” is not legalese. But the AI programs where you buy cars online (like eBay) state that your bid is a binding contract. The courts could easily rule in favor of buyer. It’s unknown territory.

I think the more interesting potential for this is the risk in using AI in a sales role where no human “looks over” the transaction! Below that threshold, you trick AI into free stuff.

Of course, you can enter parameters into the system… but then, you are not dealing with AI? Because true “intelligence” implies that it can make decisions outside programming. Which it can’t. So it’s database software, not intelligence.

And if that the case, AI is the myth that it has been all along. It’s just database storage mimicking intelligence by using very large storage databases of decision trees and responses. And then your vaunted AI software is not AI… it’s warmed over Oracle and your stock value tanks because Oracle is sooooo 1997!

That’s what makes these “hacks” So amusing! It’s not AI folks… nothing to see here. Move along. It’s not sentient and not good to kill you. Go back to melting glaciers or farting cows or plastic grocery bags to be terrified…

Cheers!

Sirhr

Reactions: HeavyAssault