• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear One Hundred Concepts Large Objective Scope Cap Feedback

OneHundredConcepts

Private
Minuteman
Hey everyone, Chris from One Hundred Concepts here. Most of you guys will be familiar with our scope caps and light caps that we offer for a variety of scopes and lights. We are now moving into he larger objective lensed scopes that many of you use. We wanted to reach out to the community to see what constructive criticism anyone had or any ideas on how we can improve the design. We fully understand that the hex cap or kill flashes are not for everyone but the design also gives the operator the option to easily remove both the cover and anti reflection device simultaneously.

Hex Cap Large Objective.png
Large Objective scope cap.png
Scope Cap Pro Full flip up.png

I’ve got a set of your Scope Caps on both ends of my 56mm scope. I love the concept, have never had a traditional type that I cared for. It’s a bit busy and clumsy trying to rig up all the shock cord on a 13” long scope and in practice the Ranger bands don’t make things as solid as I’d like.

I wish I had waited a little longer and made the investment when the shock collars were an option. Plan to get some soon.

All in all I appreciate the innovation and am a happy customer.

IMG_8130.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing really to add except that I’m intrigued by the concept and plan to try out a set as soon as they’re available in the right sizes!

I have a bunch of ARD's and scope covers; favorite designs are Tenebraex and John Aadland's.

I would like to see a hybrid of their design concepts wherein one does not need to screw the ARD into the scope threads that usually
accommodate sunscreen extensions etc.

The camera industry seems to already be the tip of the spear in their innovations (kind of like RRS was that cross-decked to firearms) , specifically employing magnets to hold open the lens caps / inserted lens filters etc. The last image posted illustrates the magnetic pairing to secure the lens covers.

I don't care for the elastic retainers your covers employ and it seems in one of your images when the ARD is displaced upward from the scope (which only has one option of final position due to the elastic retention cords) it impedes or potentially obstructs the line-of-sight of the secondary red dot optic mounted rearward.

I would like to retain the versatility of the Tenebraex design wherein the scope cover can be rotated and indexed to desired out-of-the-way position with the outer lobes of the ring.

I would like to see a system that allows the protective scope cover allowed to be rotated outward in user preferred 360 degrees options.
The integrated ARD would likewise be allowed to rotate outward, the ARD being secured in place to the scope cover via magnetics, so there is no flopping about of the two components. That would allow the user to quickly choose whether the ARD was useful or not, as they typically depreciate ~10-15% of the light gathering ability of the scope optics.

I find that Aadlands set screw securing the caps to the scope is the most robust system.

IMG_7065KAC SR-25 Trijicon RMR Tenebraex ARD Elastic Retainer Fabricated & Accuracy Internatio...jpg
IMG_0035LEUPOLD MARK 8 1.1-8X CCQBS TENEBRAEX ARDS 07.21.21.jpg
IMG_7866.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 10.51.46 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 7.25.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 7.28.20 PM.png

I’ve got a set of your Scope Caps on both ends of my 56mm scope. I love the concept, have never had a traditional type that I cared for. It’s a bit busy and clumsy trying to rig up all the shock cord on a 13” long scope and in practice the Ranger bands don’t make things as solid as I’d like.

I wish I had waited a little longer and made the investment when the shock collars were an option. Plan to get some soon.

All in all I appreciate the innovation and am a happy customer.

View attachment 8295648

They add to the cost but the shock collar keeps it pretty clean. I went to the shock collar and occular cap since I’ve lost a couple.

The only bummer is the sizing variances between scope models and you may have to build up the area underneath the shock collar to be secure.