• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes one mile scope

USAF1A8

Private
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2007
Husker Nation
did some searching and only found one result of a claim to be using about a 20-25x scope to 1760yds. i was looking into the nxs and the sightrons in about that range. Looking to top a remmy .338 Lapua and id love to ue this as my 1000-2000yrd rifle. I have researched and understand the dangers of overscoping and i just dont want to waste time and money. I have also head of some using the higher mag ranges using the scope as a spotter and dialing down to make the shot. What do we think gents?

Re: one mile scope

I'd recommend the NF 5.5-22x56. I have used one on a couple 408 CheyTacs to shoot to 2000 yards on an MOA sized target. No problems seeing and hitting the target and I was only on 18x. Excellent scope with great glass and plenty or elevation, 100 MOA, to reach out that far. Internal elevation is something you need to look at in any scope you plan on shooting out to 2000 yards. NF reticles are good for that range also as they won't cover alot of the target and allow you to get a good sight picture and quarter your target. I'd recommend the MLR if you go mils or the NP R1 if you go MOA.
P1010610.jpg

Nightforce also offers nice eye relief. If you're shooting out to 2K then you'll probably use something that recoils so the eye relief could be an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> WHat's not to like?

</div></div>

Besides the truck axle size and weight and the almost $4000 price tage? Nothing
wink.gif

The other option to consider would be the Vortex Razor HD, with 125 moa of adjustment (or something like 36 mils) you'd be able to reach WAY out there. You could put a 40 moa base on that rifle and still probably have a 100 yard zero w/o issue.

I've heard of some hide members getting them with rings for under $2k, that's a heck of a value for a FFP scope w/ zero stops.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SN-9 from US Optics? Big objective lens from 58mm to 80mm, external erectors for maximum MOA travel, and superb optical quality. WHat's not to like?

http://www.usoptics.com/product.php?partnumber=SN9-4200 </div></div>
couldn't agree more.i have one that's going on a .510 whisper.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Canadians didnt seem to have much issue with the NXS on there 50cal.</div></div>

Thats because the NXS was NOT on that rifle lol.

Here is the actual rifle and scope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tac50.jpg

Thanks</div></div>

Interesting, a Leupy. I like the old padlock through the triggerguard security system too.

Used a USO SN-3 3.2-17 X 44 to reach 1 mile. Didn't feel under scoped at all. Could quarter a 12" center with no problem. Still had around 20 moa left in adjustment using a 20 moa base.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Later</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bdh308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Canadians didnt seem to have much issue with the NXS on there 50cal.</div></div>

Thats because the NXS was NOT on that rifle lol.

Here is the actual rifle and scope.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tac50.jpg

Thanks </div></div>

Thats what I get for watching to much of the History Chnl. Damit! My mind has been buttFckd from that chanel and Mil chanel. And all this talk about loopies. I still wont own one though.

The only reason any military probably uses Leupolds they they probably get huge discounts to use them.

Rob covered it. The NXS in 5.5-22x is the no-brainer choice.

A less expensive option would be to locate a Leupold fixed MK4 in 16x or talk me out of my 20x Premier boosted MK4 ;-). Those scopes have 140MOA internal, which makes them great ELR candidates.

The reason why you don't need more magnification than the mid-20's is that often the atmospheric clarity at ELR does not allow for a very good sight picture at all, in addition to the fact that you need to see mirage conditions far above the straight line between you and the target, and the extra FOV using lower magnification helps this.

Did I read correctly that the US Optic in question weighs 41/2lbs???? Holy smokes if that is true and its 27 inches long it might eliminate the need for a muzzle brake on alot of big sticks. Also if you shoot it dry and are in trouble knowing US Optics for tough scopes you could use it as a blunt force weapon on an enemy and then remount it and go back to work when you acquire more ammo.

Seriously is it really 4.5 lbs??? It sounds like a nice mate for a 35lb 50 BMG or other big bore that is meant as a stationary weapon platform.