• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One more new Beanland

Sharpsman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2010
Rayville, La.

JB2 by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Same build components as my 6.5x47L; just a larger cartridge and from a short session yesterday of obtaining an initial zero at 200 (firing 10 and cleaning after each round) and then going back to 600 it's gonna be a 'HAMMER'!! I decided to make this one in an old 'worn out cartridge' which is 30/06 with a .3360" diameter neck with 1-10 twist Krieger 30".

I think I'm gonna have to send this rifle back! Fired 5 shots from 600 yards before thunderstorm ran me off and one round went slightly high (which I called) above the bolt-head! Four smacked that sucker! Think I'm gonna have to get me another through-bolt! This was shooting 195 gr. Hornady VLD Match ahead of 54 grs. H4350 w/F210M primers. Got tentative 200 yard zero last date, fired 10 rounds and cleaned after each shot. Had slight copper but when finished...no copper problem! Jon KNOWS how to build up a 'shooter'!! Bolt head 1.75" in diameter.

Bolthead by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Congrats to you - and yes Jon does build some 1st class rigs. He has built two 7mm-08s for me and both are as good as one could ask for. Heck of a nice guy to boot:)