• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One of my best friends cancer just came back... probably not addressable this time...

My aunt has been fighting stage 4 for almost 10 years now. ITs been ten years of different drugs and chemo treatments. Most of it she has lived pretty well, especially with her husband taking such good care of her. The man is saint, rich Chicago guy, married a younger women. Never thought she would go first.

This summer she decided not take anymore treatment. My mom and uncle {her brother, not husband} went out and visited a couple times, and she changed her mind. It is supposed to give her another year. The first treatments they did were supposed to give her two or three years. Money can buy some good years with some types of cancer.

I am sorry for what you are going through. I lost 3 out of my last 4 dogs to cancer at 3,5, and 10. They were pretty good friends and three of the best dogs I have ever seen. Loosing human friends is worse. I lost one of my students this summer. Its been pretty tough especially since we are getting started again. It reminds me of all plans I had for her. But my plans for her don't supersede gods.

Reactions: JR_77
I know your pain, lost dear friends the same way. Cancer is such a low shitty bitch disease. There are many things we can collectively fight, and some of us have considerable resources at our disposal. It’s not just the loss of a good person that eats me, but the inability to stare the problem the face and fight it. No amount of intel, weaponry or strategy is of any use, our hands are tied. Fuck cancer.

Agree with other posts suggesting you encourage him to get out and do some special things. What you can do, is give your friend your time you to do whatever he likes. Time is the most valuable thing we can ever give anyone. 🙏 .