• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One of my favorite places

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    One of my favorite places the Wichita Game Preserve Northwest of Lawton Oklahoma normally it's dry and brown but we've had a really wet spring it's beautiful
    20230516_144400.jpg
    20230516_145918.jpg
    20230516_153019.jpg
    20230516_150629.jpg
    20230516_150211.jpg

Last edited:
    That’s pretty as can be. I keep finding myself in OK and being really impressed with both the people and the geography. I could live there….that’s really saying something coming from someone who has spent most of my life doing mountain stuff…and has literally said “I would never live anywhere east of a line that connects Laramie, WY and Golden, CO.”

I’ll probably move there and start voting D. 🤣

That’s pretty as can be. I keep finding myself in OK and being really impressed with both the people and the geography. I could live there….that’s really saying something coming from someone who has spent most of my life doing mountain stuff…and has literally said “I would never live anywhere east of a line that connects Laramie, WY and Golden, CO.”

I’ll probably move there and start voting D. 🤣
    Good folks here. The east has some nice ills, not mountains like you know, The west is really hot, and dry in the summers. It was 107-108 a lot last year .Perhaps the best gun laws, meaning almost none, in the nation.

Good folks here. The east has some nice ills, not mountains like you know, The west is really hot, and dry in the summers. It was 107-108 a lot last year .Perhaps the best gun laws, meaning almost none, in the nation.
    There’s also that bit about tornados. Hmmm.

Reactions: Maggot
    looks like a great place to visit .
    THere is a bison herd, and if you get up really early you can catch some elk at one of the lakes. Not a large park but I find it quiet and restful. a bit like Mesa Verde and the Cliff Dwellings.

I've gone on many hikes on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. It's a beautiful place. Great for day hikes...

On one trip back in 85, from the top of Mt. Scott, I was able to watch A7 Corsairs dropping munitions on the Fort Sill range.

I've gone on many hikes on the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. It's a beautiful place. Great for day hikes...

On one trip back in 85, from the top of Mt. Scott, I was able to watch A7 Corsairs dropping munitions on the Fort Sill range.
    They fly out of the Air force base in Altus about 60 miles west, If yore in the area give a shout.

There's something about the place that just exudes peace. I dont find it so much in places with more vegetation, kind of like less energy and less competition for growth.

Reactions: Ichi
    OK is a very underrated place. I lived in Stillwater for a short stint in 02.

I guess the californians will run me out of Texas some day, and ill be an Oklahomo.

• Sad
    Here is the Oklahoma I'm interested in seeing -- SSN802, first of the Block V Virginia-class. She is going to be a US-interest protector with her back stuff full of Tomahawks 1000+ nm cruise missiles. Bad guys, don't get her mad...

SSN802 is currently under construction in Newport News due out SOON!

web1_VPM_firing_undersea-1280x720.jpg

Tornadoes aren’t that bad, you can see them miles away…and they only aim for trailer parks.
    I guess the threat of tornados would give me an excuse to build a big ass underground bunker.

And they’re better than earthquakes, for example.

Reactions: Cowpokey
    B-52 bombing run viewed from the top of Mt Scott. Good, but not quite the same as a few low level runs from a group of A7 Corsairs.

B-52 bombing run viewed from the top of Mt Scott. Good, but not quite the same as a few low level runs from a group of A7 Corsairs.

Cool, but the locals hate it when they drop those. Even the heavy artillery will crack shitrock, I cant imagine what that would do.

They fly out of the Air force base in Altus about 60 miles west, If yore in the area give a shout.

There's something about the place that just exudes peace. I dont find it so much in places with more vegetation, kind of like less energy and less competition for growth.
    "Trees get in the way of the scenery."
    Edward Abbey

• Haha
    Reactions: Ichi and Maggot