• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

(One of) The Biggest Lies

WaltHer

Felipe Forevuh
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
hillbilluns, montucky
First we were told that N95 masks don't protect "ordinary folk" and only work for "health care professionals" (I am a working paramedic) ( https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2020/03/31/experts-coronavirus-cdc-158313) Then we were told it's our "patriotic duty" not to wear one ( https://www.google.com/amp/s/financ...uty-of-americans-without-masks-111917055.html). It's like in The Dark Knight Rises when the stockbroker asks Bane why he's robbing The Exchange when "there's no money here." Bane replies "then why are all you people here?"
Clearly there issues surrounding proper fit-testing of masks and possible cross-contamination with impropper mask donning/doffing procedures.
However, covering your mouth and nose, combined with hand-washing, industrial/personal hygiene are the best ways to avoid infection. Talking Heads and the "media" need to tell the truth: N95s are in short supply. Infected health care workers can't take care of sick people and may spread the Chinese Virus.
I'm all for saving N95 masks for people who need them, but, for once, let's tell the truth: there's not enough of them, dont hoard them. And while we're at it, if you already have them, protect yourself and family. Stop lying to the American public.

You're barking up the wrong tree. Tell this to the SEIU.

meanwhile my company/boss is trying to order every one they can by the pallet for our guys. making everyone in the office wear one and all the guys on the production floor.

(we use them anyway for the guys that work in dusty areas - but that's really only a handful of people out of the 100 or so that work here).

i don't know where he thinks we are going to find them. and i'm in an office by myself - i'm refusing because i'm not contributing to the hoarding of masks while hospitals go by without any

Well, looks like the cdc might be rethinking their stance...

Expect a gradual backtrack on mask recommendations as "more information becomes available".

Will be paired with studies that suggest the virus is in aerosol and not just droplets.

Reactions: fmaglin
.Gov had the media publish the thing about masks, as panic buying depleted all open sources of all kinds of masks.

The public saw all the masked pictures from China and shelves were emptied.

So, untruthful media to slow the panic buying, hoarding, and price gouging.

To try to keep the medical personnel supplied.

@WaltHer post is very good post on this.
@OldSalty just hit on this.

I saw, but didnt link, where .Gov cdc has re-thought the mask detail, indicating the people should add masks in the hardest hit areas. Absolutely...

And people should mask going to high traffic areas, like Walmart. Absolutely.

Our hospital posted the daily use needs of ppg when properly used by protocol.
Nurse used one pair of gloves, one body cover, one hair cover, and one mask per patient contact.
And if sneezed or bled on, decontamination was required, adding new scrubs.

Those numbers per medical person were unreal to the average reader. I didnt save the article. Wish I had.

However, back when HIV and HepC were "the big first responder" threats, I was purchasing agent for my police department.
Any fire dept purchasing agent could help out here.

We put kits in each police car. We put 5 complete sets of ppg per kit. Most ended up contaminated by filth from daily operations where use was very sporadic. Most werent used because "kit up" time stopped call response times. Most were wasted. At about a rate of 420 masks per week, 21,840 per year.

I thought then, the amounts/quantities bought/wasted, were pretty high, for our 85 man sworn. Until I started networking/purchasing with our fire dept to reduce unit costs and saw how many they had to use. Then I saw the hospital thing.

Then I saw the postings that said how the previous administration didnt replace the emergency supplies of masks after the flu series in the last 11 years, leading to a shortage.

That was like, a Ray Charles could have seen this coming moment, but hindsight is perfect, foresight not.

In response to another previous mask comment in another post on covid, I put this up.

Screenshot_20200401-070801_Chrome.jpg

It may be of some educational use to a few of you readers, hopefully so. Best to all you Hide Brothers, vr.

Last edited:
Reactions: DIBBS and Snuby642
I do not listen to anything that the government or the media has to say about almost any health related matter.

In this case, logic and common sense prevails over what "advice" is given.

And judging by how people around me in this city are acting now as the cases and deaths are ramping up, it seems like whatever the government has to say about face masks have pretty much fallen on deaf ears. Not only have people seen photos of masks being worn by EVERYBODY in Asian countries, I think the basic human mind has come to understand that ANY barrier, even the flimsiest of barriers, between your respiratory system and a potential airborne contagion, is far better than no barrier at all.

Think about it. Let's talk LOGIC. Let's say that I am shopping right now in a crowded grocery store and I am chatting with two people next to me and one of them have a bad case of the flu and is in the peak of viral shedding.

SCENARIO A: NONE of us are wearing face masks (Surgical masks or N95s)
The contagion carried by this person is dispersed all over the place for at least 3 feet around him with every single word that he speaks, along with a few coughs thrown in. We are standing next to him, everybody talking away, and both of us are inhaling a shit ton of flu virus with every breath. There is no barrier over anybody's face, and the virus, along with dust, pollen, mold spores, whatever, is free to enter and exit anybody's mouth and nostrils at will.

SCENARIO B: Flu guy is not wearing a mask, but me and the other guy are wearing them.
The guy with the flu is still spraying out a shit ton of viruses, but since I have a surgical mask on, MOST, if not ALL of the visible and tangible droplet matter are now blocked by the film that is covering my face. Of course, a mask does not guarantee the prevention of infection by 100%. There are no 100% solutions to any problems in life, but chances decrease or increase based on the actions that we take to prevent potential problems. Sure, some loose airborne viral particles might still penetrate the fibers of the mask and enter my mouth, but enough viral particles may have been blocked so that the few that does go through are not enough to establish an infection. The chances of infection are further reduced if I have a N95 on.

SCENARIO C: ALL of us are wearing face masks.
In this case, almost 98% of flu guy's infectious droplets are blocked by his own mask. Very few, if any infectious particles are being sprayed by him, which already GREATLY reduces the chance of infection for everybody around him even if they are not wearing masks. Add this to the fact that since all of us are wearing masks, the chances of us getting sick is now at the lowest minimum possible.

See how logic works? This is the reason why ALL East Asian countries at the present time are REQUIRING the use of face masks of everybody who is venturing outdoors, even if you are not sick. And I am sure this logic can be seen by ANYBODY with half a working brain... With the exception of the most fanatical SJWs and virtue signalers who think that masks "look wrong". Fuck them and whatever they have to say.

When the news of the initial epidemic in Wuhan first reached here in NYC, EVERY Asian person started wearing face masks, including myself. For months, you will NOT see an Asian person on the street or on the train/bus who is not wearing a mask. During this time, the media was screaming about how you should not wear masks, but almost everybody began neckbearding any quantity of masks from pharmacies and hardware stores. By February, almost all stores are reporting out of stocks in face masks. By the time the first cases of COVID-19 started appearing here in the country, almost HALF of non-Asian folks are beginning to wear face masks. Right now in New York City, nearly EVERYBODY is wearing masks. I have only seen very few people who still are not wearing them, and most of these are illegal aliens, who simply do not give a fuck or are too drunk to care. I have not seen ONE person who was not masked today when I went out to restock on some small provisions. Logic prevailed over blind trust of the media and government sources in this case, and it is satisfying to see. It is also satisfying to observe that almost everyone is doing their part to lower the rates of community spread by wearing masks.

Your first mistake...believing ANYTHING the gov tells you.

I assume, EVERYTHING they tell me is wrong, inaccurate, or an outright lie. It is only common sense that masks would help. No, they will not be 100% effective, but they offer some protection.

there are real risks to wearing a mask and not knowing how to use them properly.
a mask will collect particles on the outside. people will touch this and could be infected from their own mask.
reusing the same mask over and over is going to increase this risk.
having a mask can also promote a false sense of security.

proper mask procedures can help protect you and others.
improper mask use can possibly increase risk.

in general, i think masks are a good idea if you know how to use them safely.

I have N99s with replaceable charcoal filters for everyone. Every Asian country that has had to deal with SARS, MERS, and other covid versions mandates masks, but they don’t work in the US? If anyone believed any of the bullshit they were spouting about this you are being given your opinions by the TV. The Fox doctors were the worst. They’re propagandists. I get that we don’t want toilette paper faggotry infecting something that is/or should be ACTUALLY in demand, but I fucking hate when they spout propaganda and lie, which is two or three times per minute.

Don’t believe a fucking thing you see or hear till it gets actually confirmed BY YOU!

One of the dumbest things I have heard in a long time is 'a mask will not help'
that is as stupid walls don't work

I am fucking wearing a mask grocery shopping because it makes sense to me
I am not wearing a mask and then taking unnecessary risks or doing stupid shit thinking the mask is invincible

I guess the same dumb people that can't figure out how to wear a mask, also can't figure out how to put on a condom...

there are real risks to wearing a mask and not knowing how to use them properly.
a mask will collect particles on the outside. people will touch this and could be infected from their own mask.

Not to be a dick, well, scratch that.... Bullshit. Put it on, don’t touch it, and don’t touch your fucking face. What, are you a retard who can’t follow those simple instructions? That’s the bullshit they’ve been saying on TV! If you can’t figure out how to use a dust mask, and you can’t understand that 90% of the transmission is from your hands to your face, then covid is doing us all a favor by selecting you out of the gene pool. Wear a fucking mask. Don’t touch your fucking face. Don’t touch your fucking mask.

There are a lot of us who have been through CBR school, and messed with actually nasty shit. You don’t need advanced training to take proper precautions with covid. Just use your common sense, wear a mask, and if you touch something, anything, or even if you don’t, wash your hands.

Your first mistake...believing ANYTHING the gov tells you.

I assume, EVERYTHING they tell me is wrong, inaccurate, or an outright lie. It is only common sense that masks would help. No, they will not be 100% effective, but they offer some protection.

Right on the point...

Same thing with carrying a gun for self defense. Does carrying a pistol on me completely prevent me from becoming the victim of a violent crime? Absolutely not. However, carrying a pistol greatly increases my chances of coming out of a dangerous situation alive and in one piece.

In the case of masks, any barrier is better than no barrier. Even if the crudest homemade mask cut from an old T-shirt only reduces the chance of contracting a contagion by 40%, I will still take 40% over nothing at all.

Since this thing began spreading here locally, my own personal mask use system is simple. At work in the machine shop, or in the truck, where I am never less than 3 feet away from somebody else to begin with, I wear a surgical mask. Commuting between home and work, or shopping for groceries, I wear a N95. Also, I do not touch my face until I have either washed my hands with soap and water or used a sanitizer. This is one of the times when hypervigilance is critical if you want maximum safety.

I have N99s with replaceable charcoal filters for everyone. Every Asian country that has had to deal with SARS, MERS, and other covid versions mandates masks, but they don’t work in the US? If anyone believed any of the bullshit they were spouting about this you are being given your opinions by the TV. The Fox doctors were the worst. They’re propagandists. I get that we don’t want toilette paper faggotry infecting something that is/or should be ACTUALLY in demand, but I fucking hate when they spout propaganda and lie, which is two or three times per minute.

Don’t believe a fucking thing you see or hear till it gets actually confirmed BY YOU!

Chinese supermarkets and Chinese dry goods vendors here in NYC are implementing the exact same policies for their staff and customers as have been implemented all across China. No more than 10 people allowed in the store at any time. Other patrons have to form a line outside and stand at least 6 feet away of the person in front of them. ALL customers MUST wear a mask and disposable gloves. Some places have dispensers with surgical masks and gloves if you do not have your own. Upon the front entrance, an employee scans your temperature with an infrared thermometer and sprays your clothes with an alcohol solution before you can proceed into the store. Inside, many of the staff and cashiers are decked out in full hazmat gear.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snuby642
Not to be a dick, well, scratch that.... Bullshit. Put it on, don’t touch it, and don’t touch your fucking face. What, are you a retard who can’t follow those simple instructions? That’s the bullshit they’ve been saying on TV! If you can’t figure out how to use a dust mask, and you can’t understand that 90% of the transmission is from your hands to your face, then covid is doing us all a favor by selecting you out of the gene pool. Wear a fucking mask. Don’t touch your fucking face. Don’t touch your fucking mask.

There are a lot of us who have been through CBR school, and messed with actually nasty shit. You don’t need advanced training to take proper precautions with covid. Just use your common sense, wear a mask, and if you touch something, anything, or even if you don’t, wash your hands.
half the country voted for hillary and you think they are smart?
please.

It's funny to hear some left wing punk tell me I'm to stupid to use ppe in thier piss ant brain so I should leave all the ppe for them, any of them.

I think military training pretty much took care of that.

It's funny to hear some left wing punk tell me I'm to stupid to use ppe in thier piss ant brain so I should leave all the ppe for them, any of them.

I think military training pretty much took care of that.
*too

What about sterilization and re-use of masks? Is this a viable option? As others have stated, any level of protection, while it may not be 100%, is ABSOLUTELY better than no barrier at all . However if the sterilization isn't 100% ...

LOL... Some of the most "breaking" latest news articles are about the CDC and WHO agonizing over whether to "revise their guidelines over the public wearing face masks or not"...

I don't think that would be necessary. Just walk down any street in New York City right now and take a look at the people around you. I think everybody had already made up their minds about this issue already...

Reactions: 308pirate
If we do not go back to work at some point soon.....
The depression that will follow this will kill far more people than this virus will.
not to mention, tens of thousands of formerly working drug addicts will be getting a fat check soon and will be stuck bored at home.
this is a good time to increase interdiction like they are doing.

Hey heres a bright idea. Instead of lying about how "masks dont work", why not spend an effort educating people on how to use them correctly and follow saftey protocols.

You know, via youtube, facebook, NPR, radio and tv ads, etc...

Lying about it is fucking outrageous.

But we know why they did...

Hey heres a bright idea. Instead of lying about how "masks dont work", why not spend an effort educating people on how to use them correctly and follow saftey protocols.

Lying about it is fucking outrageous.
i agree, but i think the reason they initially discouraged this is the hoarding issue and the shortage of the masks for people treating patients.
whether or not that was warranted or justified is not a question i can answer.
imagine how hard toilet paper would be to find if people thought wiping their ass would prevent covid19 infections.

i agree, but i think the reason they initially discouraged this is the hoarding issue and the shortage of the masks for people treating patients.
whether or not that was warranted or justified is not a question i can answer.
imagine how hard toilet paper would be to find if people thought wiping their ass would prevent covid19 infections.

You realize that its next to impossible for a civilian to buy masks now right?

It solved nothing. And its impossible to know how many lives might be saved if they were forthcoming and allowed people to use makeshift masks for SOME, better than none, level of protection.

And help me understand...where are the millions and millions of masks?

Reactions: Snuby642
The millions of masks are being hoarded by .gov, med, and first responders.

Reactions: OldSalty
You realize that its next to impossible for a civilian to buy masks now right?

It solved nothing. And its impossible to know how many lives might be saved if they were forthcoming and allowed people to use makeshift masks for SOME, better than none, level of protection.

And help me understand...where are the millions and millions of masks?
you realize people were ordering masks on amazon or other sites when this thing started, right?

Cold to say it, but....
If there aren't a couple million dead worldwide, we have been had.

Masks were sold out in most stores since February. Enough data had come out of China by that time that most people knew what was coming, and prepared accordingly. I work in an industry that deals with hazardous fumes and metal dust on a constant basis and as early as January 15, 2020, I specifically warned the supply department that the neckbearding of masks is going to start soon and they better order a shit ton RIGHT FUCKING NOW... They took my advice and placed a large order and also disposable cartridges for those of us who use the bivalve type respirators under our welding hoods. We received 90% of our order. The neckbearding had already begun at large online vendors when I issued the warning...

Just like I said med hoarding, and then some in the know specifically lying and trying to shame the public into not getting any.

Criminal and tratorist actions against Americans. All of them.

Should be treated to a free ride to gitmo.

Just like I said med hoarding, and then some in the know specifically lying and trying to shame the public into not getting any.

Criminal and tratorist actions against Americans. All of them.

Should be treated to a free ride to gitmo.
they caught some guy selling masks out of his house to some people from a hospital, at 700% markup.
when the police or fbi came, he spit on them and told them he had the virus.

Masks were sold out in most stores since February. Enough data had come out of China by that time that most people knew what was coming, and prepared accordingly. I work in an industry that deals with hazardous fumes and metal dust on a constant basis and as early as January 15, 2020, I specifically warned the supply department that the neckbearding of masks is going to start soon and they better order a shit ton RIGHT FUCKING NOW... They took my advice and placed a large order and also disposable cartridges for those of us who use the bivalve type respirators under our welding hoods. We received 90% of our order. The neckbearding had already begun at large online vendors when I issued the warning...

Dude, it wasnt the neckbeards that depleted all the masks. Sure they bought the very very small percentage that are sold for consumer use via distributors...

So I will ask again, where are all the masks? I have a pretty good idea...

People should keep in mind that facial hair reduces the effectiveness of a face mask.

You mean like this?

For a super highly contagious virus these guys seem to be a little nonchalant.

BTW, these photos were on a lead front page fox news headline that read something like "deaths skyrocket...."

20200331_203617.png

20200331_203802.png

20200331_203710.png

20200331_203837.png

20200331_204023.png

You're barking up the wrong tree. Tell this to the SEIU.

“Found”

gianteyeroll.gif

Reactions: Snuby642 and Fig
hospital staff is stealing it as well.

Always disappointed....never surprised. The media is beclowning itself like never before. They are sociopathic by nature, and simply have no shame whatsoever.

Always disappointed....never surprised. The media is beclowning itself like never before. They are sociopathic by nature, and simply have no shame whatsoever.
Its like the movie goodfellas.....

Reactions: Fig
hospital staff is stealing it as well.

The "black market" that always pops up and flourishes any time confusion creates opportunities.
Yet, the media is "surprised" ?

Kind of like the "Flu Vaccine" one day they are trying to publicly shame you and say you shouldn't get it because it's scarce and you need to "save it" for "the children" and "the elderly", next thing you know, they find out they have way too much and they are trying to shame you for being "irresponsible" and not getting it....

The media and government are all in on the propaganda and lying together to control the sheeple as they laugh.

Follow the money? I would imagine Soros is stirring the pot and the press, well sadly those informed and with even half a brain, know how unreliable they generally are.

The government and media desperately trying to walk back thier
deadly mistake of not telling everybody to mask up.

Of course this comes out after nearly complete lockdown of supply chain
By gov.

It's been about controll and lies all along.