• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ONE PIECE BASE/RING SCOPE MOUNTS

Eric B.

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I feel a one piece base-and-ring combo will be more likely to give me rings that are in true alignment W/O the need to buy a ring lapping kit. (I got around this problem on my Browning A-Bolt by using Burris 30 mm. rings with plastic sleeves)

QUESTION: What is a good <span style="font-weight: bold">34 mm.</span> one-piece base/ring mount for a 700 Rem. long action?

Re: ONE PIECE BASE/RING SCOPE MOUNTS

With quality rings and base you won't need to lap. I don't know of a 1 pc 34mm ring/base anyways.

Seekins base and rings will do what you need and I wouldn't bother with lapping them.

Don't use your experience with some cheaper base and rings to base all future decisions off of.

If you use a quality base and quality rings you won't need to lap them. On pretty much every 700 you're going to have to bed the base though since the actions are almost always out of whack. There's some really good tutorials on bedding bases and its extremely easy. All you need is some WD40, JB weld, q tips, play doh, and some sort of a release agent like shoe polish. If you don't do this and the action is out of spec (they almost always are) then you will have to lap the rings.

I don't think anybody makes a 34MM one piece deal for a R700. NF makes one for 30MM but no 34MM. Talley might make 34MM one piece base and rings but I guarantee you will have to lap them since they are two piece and not exactly the best quality.

I'd get a good picatinny rail with a build in recoil lug (Weaver, Badger, NF) and a good set of 34MM rings (Badger, Seekins). Bed the base and you shouldn't have to lap the rings.

Contact 'Spuhr' here to see if he builds any one-piece SPUHR 20.6MOA Mounts in 34mm for R700 LA. Believe he might?

Ordered my 20.6MOA (34mm)SPUHR for a TRG42 from Victor (TNVC) and it's solid. The integrated anti-cant bubble feature is convenient.

Have also used Seekins Precision 20MOA base and rings and they are top-notch. No lapping required.