• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

One Piece Scope Base for Savage Mark II?

Todd Heyn

Private
Minuteman
Mar 17, 2002
Easton, PA
Just wondering if anyone makes a one piece scope base for a Savage Mark II. I just purchased a used one with the standard trigger (non-accutrigger), skinny barrel, scope, case, sling, and swinging metal target for $125. Now looking to upgrade the base and rings. The guy I bought it from had no idea about firearms. The bases are Weaver 45's and are way to high. The rings are SS high Weaver 4x4's. Needless to say, the little 4x scope that is way to hight off the barrel.

Everything that I have been able to find so far are the two piece bases. They will work but I would prefer a one piece base if at all possible.

Just let me know what you know.

Re: One Piece Scope Base for Savage Mark II?

EGW. I have 4 of their bases on some of my guns.

An EGW 20MOA base is a good idea, but may not be mandatory for LR .22 shooting depending on the scope. I was suprised that the cheap Centerpoint 4-16x that I bought at wally world has enough elevation to get me past 200 yards with the standard Savage 2-piece bases.

I will probably install a EGW base when I decide to upgrade the scope on this rifle simply so I can use Picatinny spec rings and have a wider choice of scope mounting.

I was wondering if this base slides onto the grovves and tightens down with topscrews, like the RT rail?

no grooves on the mk II, drilled and tapped for weaver bases. take off supplied bases, screw down 4 allen screws, done.

Top Predator,

Thanks. The older Mk II had grooves.