• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes One scope on two rifles?? Yay or nay???

luckyshot27

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2012
sf,ca
I have a ar10 with a nf 8x32 nxs on a larue lt111. I'm planning on getting a remington 5r 24" very soon and don't really wanna spend a whole lot at once. Would it be a good idea if I swap them on which ever one I'm going to shoot at the range? I just gotta remember or write down the zeros on each rifle. Need some advice..

Planned parts
R700 5R
Aics 1-5 or 2.0
Harris bipod
Us optic 20 moa base
Jewell trigger

Re: One scope on two rifles?? Yay or nay???

I would sell off the LT 111, put rings on the scope, and get a B.O. 22 moa base for the AR10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fngmike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would sell off the LT 111, put rings on the scope, and get a B.O. 22 moa base for the AR10.</div></div>

Bingo if you plan on flip flopping. The Larue is too tall for the bolt gun. I do this with my GAP 10 and my bolt guns.

I'm not big on rifles sharing optics but it's a personal thing. I can definitely see where it comes in handy. A friend of mine has two or three leupys he just switches out on all his rifles. So if it's more economical and it's to your liking i say go for it.

Thanks for all the replies..forgot to add the obj is 56mm

i tried it and it diddnt work as well as i had wanted

Luckyshot, instead of buying that expensive AICS and the Jewel trigger, shoot the 5R as is and buy her a piece of her own glass, will work simplier in the long run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: luckyshot27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for all the replies..forgot to add the obj is 56mm</div></div>

So is mine. 1" height rings and the 22 MOA riser fits perfect on a flat top AR upper and a swap to a bolt gun.

DSCN1125.jpg

DSCN1656.jpg

That's true too..mjh..

Rob01 thanks for the pics.I was going to ask to see your setup.Does the swap around work ok for u? Any issue with the zero?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mjh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Luckyshot, instead of buying that expensive AICS and the Jewel trigger, shoot the 5R as is and buy her a piece of her own glass, will work simplier in the long run. </div></div>

As someone above said, its a personal decision.

For me I would rather have one excellent scope sharing time on two rifles, then to have two compromise scopes on two rifles.

The beauty here is that you don't have to decide right now. For the cost of a base for the AR you can see if it will work or not. (If you went with a second scope you would have to pay for rings anyway, so that cost is a wash.)

It it works great. If it doesn't you are out the extra cost of a 20 moa base (don't sell your LT111 until you know one way or another.

I don't shoot the gas gun as much as my bolts so its not a problem. Zero is nothing as it only takes a couple shots to rezero.

Is it optimal? No. Is it workable? Yes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Is it optimal? No. Is it workable? Yes. </div></div>

+1.