• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing One Tough Boar

308crosshairs

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2005
Dallas
HogCamera_5182011_2872243CABW30V2.jpg

This boar came on to the 400yd bait site at 03:51hrs. About 4 minutes later, he took a 180gr accubond with 2115 ft lbs and still ran about 120 yards before giving up the ghost. With a double lung wound, I was amazed he made it that far.

Still haven't learned how to post two pics at once.

Re: One Tough Boar

good stuff man!!! hunting hogs in hawaii is a part of growing up... if you don't mind, where was your hunt? something that i found that is surprising to a lot of people, is that if you're not doing the traditional spear or knife hunt, hunters use only a 22 LR...the idea is to minimize damage, thereby maximizing the amount of useable meat...wild hogs are commonly marinated and smoked in hawaii...

Thats awesome! I would LOVE to come down there and shoot some pigs!

Rifle specs? [/quote]

300 WSM
Mcmillan A-3 stock
Remington 700 action
Bartlein 5R 26in

That's alot of bacon there, surprised he made it that far.

anyone have any info on public land hog hunts in clearwater fl area...new to site

it is amazing on how animals react to get hit. One will run a hundred yards while another one hit in the exact same will DRT. Nice Piggie.