• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Online Order Shipment

urhuckleberry21

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2008
Montana
I have a question for you online shoppers... I placed an order a week ago which shipped on the Thirteenth of May. The shipment was to be shipped USPS 7 to 10 day delivery. After placing the order, I recieved an email with a link to Fed-Ex's tracking website to track the shipment. I'm guessing USPS contracted the shipment to Fed-Ex. Today (7 days after ordering) the tracking website was updated to "delivered to addresse." It appears that Fed-Ex delivered the shipment to my local Post Office earlier this morning, then this afternoon the tracking website said the package was en-route to my address and then later "delivered." My order never showed. My question is... Was my order actually delivered, then subsequently stolen from my porch? Or (hopefully), will the USPS deliver it on Monday?

Re: Online Order Shipment

Interesting.... How far out in the sticks do you live? I've heard of UPS and FedEx doing that with USPS in the past for those who live in remote areas. Probably what you're thinking is true, the "Delivered" means they got it to USPS and it's pending the final shipment.

I'd give it a few more days before throwing up any red flags.

The only time I've had UPS have USPS do the final delivery was when I was cheap and used UPS basic instead of ground. I live in "the sticks". FedEx has always delivered to my door. I'd contact FedEx first thing Monday morning.

I've had this happen to me once and I don't live in the sticks. IIRC it took two weeks. It sucks but I'd give it a couple more days.

RT

"UPS Mail Solutions", and "FedEx SmartPost". You get this anytime a shipper sends a package "UPS Basic". A UPS Ground carrier (usually a combination of long haul box trailers and rail) delivers the package to your local post office, where a letter carrier delivers the parcel to your home.

When you check your tracking results and you see something like "enroute to final destination", that is the last UPS tracking hit you will see. This means your package is at the Post Office and will probably be delivered to you on the next regular carrier delivery day.

One major difference this service has vs. SmartPost is that for most of the trip it's still in UPS posession; with SmartPost, FedEx contracts out the pickup and long haul; local FedEx drivers deliver the package from the nearest distribution center to your Post Office.
--

I would be sure to call the vendor that you made the purchase from. The shipper tends to get better results than the receiver when it comes to looking for missing items.

you may have opened an infected email.

Alot of new infections have been sent by "fedex" or ups" saying your tracking id is in the pdf. when you open the pdf file(it is actually a hidden infection) your computer goes nuts.

just sharing my experience in the IT field