• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Only $11,302.00 for a 16" 6mm Creedmore with an extra stock and bottom metal

user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2009
USA
https://www.gunwerks.com/store/rifles/thumpr

On sale for a mere $11,302 dollars.

Ti receiver and all why on earth would this be valued 11k?

This ultra-versatile, special configuration of the Gunwerks ClymR long range system is the rifle for your entire family, and available only in a limited run for Christmas 2018! This rifle, chambered in 6mm Creedmoor, comes with two custom stocks and interchangeable tactical and hinged bottom metal options included, the Gunwerks ThumpR is four rifles in one.

kit image3.jpg

A few dozen hours of research to choose the correct equipment, to a high earning individual, would be worth $5000. (5000/200=25)

For us slobs we research shit all day for nothing...

And some of us grandpa's buy the wrong shit, possibly wasting $5000 in the process (extreme case)

So for a busy city slicker this makes perfect sense, minus the atrocious paint scheme. They could buy the rifle, take their class, and in two weeks be having fun hunting.

I am a full year into an attempt at p-dog hunting and have a ways to go still... About to sell a few incorrect items and start over, so sometimes a guide is cool and paying people for their help is also cool.

Hi,

Guys, may I come at this another way for a minute.......

Let us not forget that Gunwerks is a paid commercial vendor on the forum so just because something is deemed too expensive or not needed for one person does not mean that others have same take on the situation. So lets not bash a manufacturer that supports the administration/operations of this forum.

Let us not forget that Gunwerks has/is offering Snipers Hide members a really nice discount/price on one of its' bolt action receivers.

"Hunters" could say the same thing of "why in world would someone buy that" in regards to an AXMC. Different strokes for Different folks.

Sincerely,
Theis

Economic law of diminishing returns ... “when it absolutely positively has to be shot ... “ you pay for that ... and then there are style points/ bragging rights ... you pay for that too.

Sure you can research for hours find a good smith wait 9 months and get something comparable for $7-8k (with optic). Then there is all of the testing load development and manufacturing custom scope knobs to that load ... if your time is worth anything then that’s another $5k-$10k ...

What is the price of a “typical” PSR deployment kit?

Some like like to tinker and tune. Some like to hunt. Some like to shoot little holes in paper. Some like to shoot steel at 1,000+ yards.

It’s all good ...

At most with smithing and everything included thats about a $6,000 dollar gun.

Did you include the second stock, second floorplate, scope, rings, and bases in the $6K? I have no opinion on this thing one way or the other, just seeing if you included everything they say they do.

$11k is nothing. You should see what a “gentleman” spends on a “good” African double for shooting game inside of 75 yards.

True. Rifle guys are also typically shocked at what a top end skeet, trap, or sporting clays gun costs.

$11,000 is at least $2000 short of buying this exactly as you see it:

1544890542295.png

Last edited:
Well, looking at rifles from one of the preferred custom builders their base models can run north of $5k. Add a NF scope and another fited carbon fiber stock and that adds about $3.5k. Now the real draw to a Gunwerks weapon system is you can shoot this into small groups without having to expend your time developing a load. How much is that worth? The special edition aspect adds to the price too. And no, I don't own a Gunwerks rifle.

Hi,

Guys, may I come at this another way for a minute.......

Let us not forget that Gunwerks is a paid commercial vendor on the forum so just because something is deemed too expensive or not needed for one person does not mean that others have same take on the situation. So lets not bash a manufacturer that supports the administration/operations of this forum.

Let us not forget that Gunwerks has/is offering Snipers Hide members a really nice discount/price on one of its' bolt action receivers.

"Hunters" could say the same thing of "why in world would someone buy that" in regards to an AXMC. Different strokes for Different folks.

Sincerely,
Theis

I agree and have been guilty of such on occasion regarding AI rifles, not publicly of course.
They are a fine rifle a bit heavier than I prefer and most out of my price range but would love to have one some day maybe when my boys are off on their own and established in life.

Did you include the second stock, second floorplate, scope, rings, and bases in the $6K? I have no opinion on this thing one way or the other, just seeing if you included everything they say they do.

Night force SFP Scope $2328 Eurooptic. Bottom metal 2x$250=$500 stocks carbon fiber $800? Fiberglass $400? Proof barrel $1000 Titanium action $1500 So that totals $6528 without gunsmithing.

Reactions: 308pirate
Well, looking at rifles from one of the preferred custom builders their base models can run north of $5k. Add a NF scope and another fited carbon fiber stock and that adds about $3.5k. Now the real draw to a Gunwerks weapon system is you can shoot this into small groups without having to expend your time developing a load. How much is that worth? The special edition aspect adds to the price too. And no, I don't own a Gunwerks rifle.

Exactly. They are basically a service/consulting company that also provides the gear while other smiths are gear companies that (sometimes reluctantly) provide some services. It's not for me but why hate on them for finding a small and profitable market niche?

Reactions: spife7980 and lash
By definition, Their rifles are not overpriced becuase they are actually selling them and growing a successful business.

Wait one, I'll go get my stepson in here to discuss with you, just got accepted to UNC school of business and loves this stuff....

Wait one, I'll go get my stepson in here to discuss with you, just got accepted to UNC school of business and loves this stuff....

Lots of failed business that were run by business school grads. Not saying your stepson will be one of them, but it goes to show that business school is not the end all be all of running a business well.

PS, I also have an MBA in addition to an engineering education so not hating on b-schools for the fuck of it.

Market sets the price - they are selling so not overpriced.

CavScout85 is most likely saying there are better ways for him to spend $11,300. For myself, I agree but that is a different matter all together.

Clearly they are making their money somewhere. I probably wouldnt buy this but my firends and co-workers look at me like im crazy when they ask how much my equipment costs... and I'm trailer trash compaired to most members here.

#StopRichShaming
#WhoCaresWhatOthersBuy?

Clearly they are making their money somewhere. I probably wouldnt buy this but my firends and co-workers look at me like im crazy when they ask how much my equipment costs... and I'm trailer trash compaired to most members here.

#StopRichShaming
#WhoCaresWhatOthersBuy?

Exactly!

Anything over $200 for a scope is lunacy to a lot of people.

Reactions: z7.jled
I've done the math and scratched my head at the cost, but hey, no one is forcing me to buy one. I have seen their rifles before and they are definitely high quality. I have also been around the GunWerks guys at a few matches and they seem like good dudes and are genuinely passionate about long range shooting. They continually support shooting sports and I see them donate to numerous prize tables. If their model works and they continue to grow, obviously something is working. I think they have done some really cool things in the past couple of years and they definitely are always coming out with some innovative products. I say more power to em, and keep it up. Meanwhile, I am just going to have to scrape by with my lowly 5k setups.

Reactions: mike e
Rich guy, poor guy, the bullet doesn’t care nor does the target ... a hit is a hit.

Well thats kinda flawed lodgic, only focusing on the past tense. The money spent goes to assure the next hit. If the bullet didnt care and neither did we then we should all be shooting savages. Its all about the bell curve, point of deminishing returns. In the end thats where we all set our price point.

Edit: Dont want to sound like a jerk, ive just heard so many idiots behind the gun counter talk about their savages too much and take that lodgic too far...

Last edited:
Reactions: AverageGrunt
That being said ...

“Life is too short to hunt with an ugly gun.”

Schmidt&Bender add mid 1990’s

Dont know much about Gunworks. Are these guys the ones that were promoting the Huskamaw scope on a TV series a year of two ago? The scopes that have the blue turret or something like that.

Taking @TheGerman advice, I’ll go be poor somewhere else but......a company selling a custom rifle with multiple configuration options with no load development required? That’s pretty sweet? What’s your time worth is a question I ask myself more and more lately. Prime ammo and a custom rifle is looking better and better?

Reactions: snarkscarbine
Could also be someone on gun broker trying to make a buck...

No one pays Msrp for vortex yet I have seen scopes listed for msrp

I agree it looks like it’s designed for someone with quite a bit of expendable income, who doesn’t shoot much(or at least not much rifle), but is going on a very expensive hunt/s.

It’s likely one of those if you don’t have that kind of money, you wouldn’t understand kinda things.

You guys will bitch and whine about $11k being too expensive. But youll line up for a $4k+ GAP + optic. Roughly $7k.

"Buy once, cry once." Right?

I agree it looks like it’s designed for someone with quite a bit of expendable income, who doesn’t shoot much(or at least not much rifle), but is going on a very expensive hunt/s.

It’s likely one of those if you don’t have that kind of money, you wouldn’t understand kinda things.
Hey look you figured out their exact target market

When I was guiding I had clients that would have jumped all over this. When youre hunting budget is 50k per year and time is money, you can buy time with a load and shoot option.
I dont think we should hate on anybody pushing guns, bullets, optics etc.

I’m actually a fan of Gunwerks, and not just for the pseudo-German name. Back when I was first making the leap from academically interested in long range, large caliber shooting to pulling the trigger, their site and videos were tremendously helpful. Along with Ballistic Studies in NZ, I had a wealth of information on projectiles, hand loads, bedding, and a host of other topics at my finger tips.

Their site format continues to be incredibly useful for my Dad; he saves his load data and pulls them up before heading out to the range.

Their rifles are not really to my taste or exceed what I’m willing to pay, but that doesn’t make them a bad company and it doesn’t make the rifles bad guns. As someone already said - market determines price, and if they’re selling they aren’t over priced.

Reactions: physguy88
One phrase that one must not forget...

It ain't trickin' if you got it.

Gunwerks is doing something right. Otherwise they would be belly up with the money they've spent in the past few years.

Some concept applies in the K9 world. We sold fully trained and stringently tested personal protection dogs for around $10-12k. Other companies have sold some sorry excuses for working dogs for $50k. Ask Nicholas Sparks. He bought over $125k worth of PP dogs that I personally made shit themselves on the back tie, and he was PIIIISSSEEEDDD!

The difference here is gunwerks makes a really nice rifle.

Never equate what you can or will spend on a product/service to what someone with alot more means can and will spend for the same product/service. Especially if your going to provide a product/service to clients with vastly larger income levels. If your a tradesman making 30-40hr your time is worth far less than law firm partner that needs to make 10 million a year. Or the excavator company owner that has a 25k note for his equipment every month.
A package like this is extremely attractive to that clientele. If more custom gun builders provided this service it might come down in price to what would be more manageable but it might not. On another site they offer entry level turn key pkgs with very inexpensive factory rifles and the busshy 10x for over 1k. You can source the same pkg for about 700 if you shop right and wait for the sales. For some this works. Factory rifle pkgs of all kinds of price points exist because there is a market. You just have to determine if it is your market. Don't like it don't buy it
Capitalism works for those that have the vision to capitalize on situation.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Value propositions vary greatly from one person to the next, just because it doesn’t make sense to you doesn’t mean it won’t make sense for someone else.

This is a free market economy, where the dollar always wins in the end. If there was no demand for this type of product, the company producing it wouldn’t be around for long, much less appearing to thrive like Gunwerks.

It's hard for a regular man to understand how much money the fortunate have to spend.

There's ascending levels of wealth.

A plumber I know bought a Gunwerks combo after I shared with him what my custom rifles were capable of which were less than half the price of a Gunwerks rifle. For him it's like buying a point and shoot camera, he just wants to RF the animal, dial the scope, and fire. He has little to no passion for shooting, just hunting.

Consider him bottom of the bucket.

Another friend bought a civil war cannon and owns the gattling gun that was used in top shot.

Some others I know of look down on that guy. Imagine owning some serial #1's and guns so rare that only a few exist.

1. Most guys on this site aren't the target market for this or any GW rifle "system". Most are here because we like the challenge or load development, gathering data, trying different optics, powder, bullets, the list goes on.
2. Some guys have way more money than time.. I know a few and you probably do too. That doesn't mean they are stupid, they just don't care about all the nuances we do. They want to open the case and know the system will work when they do get to shoot or hunt. I agree this is a niche market, but one GW has tapped into and built a successful business doing so.
3. Gunwerks has done a TON to advance hunting and shooting with their products.. think Revic and their LRF with custom ballistic solution. When you develop new products, you need to pay for the R&D and capital to bring a product to market. Some of that cost likely gets spread onto their existing products (like rifles).
They also support this and other shooting communities with training and matches.

I'd spend my time addressing organizations trying to destroy shooting sports, not those who support and advance it because some of their products are geared towards someone in a different tax bracket than you.