• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Only properly trained people should have MSRs.....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    4BDF4F6800000578-0-image-a-103_1525498539138.jpg

Reactions: deltawiskey
    Does anybody else on that department manage to scrounge up donut fucking one?

Reactions: TRP173
    Plus, unless my perspective is wrong, it looks like the guy on the extreme left is right behind his compadre. Is he planning on shooting over his left ear or just using him as cover?

Reactions: RNWRKNP
    Plus, unless my perspective is wrong, it looks like the guy on the extreme left is right behind his compadre. Is he planning on shooting over his left ear or just using him as cover?

The one on the left is leaning on a truckbed, his partner is on the car.

I'm not defending the fat one but could it be that he is just changing positions or something?

Reactions: Slash0311
    Hands off triggers is the good thing about the photo.

Guy to left of the heavy guy sighting his grenade launcher must be shooting in the ear of another officer to his left, otherwise he has the longest AR in the world. If the guy to his left has to fire someone is going to get rained on by brass which will result in a hilarious Youtube video of an officer with hot AR dancing around with hot brass under his vest.

Somebody needs to Tin Eye that shot to get the back story.

Yes a serious crime scene and typical of the CF such things become when the contraband guy, court officer and registry license checker arrive on scene.

Reactions: j-huskey
    ...and I guess this proves Fienstein correct about the "collapsing thing that makes it fire faster"......

Eh.... I am going to give him the benny of the doubt, he needed to extend the stock, and doesn't really get the idea of a 'safe work space' to do administrative functions.

ETA - all of them should shoot more cars, they'd be better off crowding Fatty as cover.

Last edited:
    Reactions: RNWRKNP
    Promo for Super Trooper?? Ranger instructor I trained with said it would surprise me how bad the fundamentals are within LEO.

Promo for Super Trooper?? Ranger instructor I trained with said it would surprise me how bad the fundamentals are within LEO.

900,000 le in us. At least 750,000 aren't adequately trained. 100,000 should not be allowed any firearm or ink pen..... would be scared to give them crayons, be ok with chalk......
    And, I do train them, btw..... for any member who doesn't know that fact.

At least 450,000 should never be allowed to touch an ar platform without a weeks training....

A lot of those people scare the hell out of me. Just sayin.

Reactions: Terry Cross
    900,000 le in us. At least 750,000 aren't adequately trained. 100,000 should not be allowed any firearm or ink pen..... would be scared to give them crayons, be ok with chalk......
    And, I do train them, btw..... for any member who doesn't know that fact.

At least 450,000 should never be allowed to touch an ar platform without a weeks training....

A lot of those people scare the hell out of me. Just sayin.

I just dont understand that.....if I’m a cop and it’s not provided I’ll get the training myself from folks who have seen the elephant.?

Hopefully he is just extending the stock and decided that was the safest place to put the barrel as not to flag his buddies.

Hopefully.....

Sorry, no, really real n' scary as shit.

https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...people-should-have-msrs.6885371/#post-7035280[/Q
    If my sources are correct, after the dust settled, and the po let the press up to the inner perimeter, the deputies were asked to pose an action shot...... still digging, but i think that's gonna be the truth, posed action shot after the fact. And, in 30 years, 7 months, and xx days, I saw that happen a few times.....

That would be even scarier considering they had time to pose...and still took those positions.

Not really Eddie, not really. Officer killed, standoff, suspect dies of wounds from shootout.

And, if the pic is from first contact in the standoff, it's the fog of war, 1st contact with casualties, and nobody's brain is in gear, because nobody wants to accept their brother is dead, and it's total chaos.

If it's after, and some dumbfuck supervisor said pose.... it's a ptsd insane moment, let's get this shit over with and get the fuck out of here.

And that's the short version.
    Any police involved in a shooting with a dead officer will understand the crazy of that pic.
    Any combat vet who lost a buddy will too.

95% of the rest of the world is clueless.

Not really Eddie, not really. Officer killed, standoff, suspect dies of wounds from shootout.

And, if the pic is from first contact in the standoff, it's the fog of war, 1st contact with casualties, and nobody's brain is in gear, because nobody wants to accept their brother is dead, and it's total chaos.

If it's after, and some dumbfuck supervisor said pose.... it's a ptsd insane moment, let's get this shit over with and get the fuck out of here.

Any police involved in a shooting with a dead officer will understand the crazy of that pic.

please please please stop trying to make excuses for this shit-show of gun handling.

"stress" "fog of war" "tired".........all bullshit excuses.

thats why you train.......because when you are stressed, when you are tired......you fall back on your training and dont have to consciously think about what you are doing.....

mc....

If you read the rest of my posts, about the lack of training, you should understand, it's not making an excuse.
    The sentence in my post you quoted "will understand the crazy of that pic" is further evidence that im not making an excuse, but pointing out 'something, ie, crazy......

As a trainer I have to understand the psych "why" behind the behavior, and then I have to try to train them out of it. It's an interesting job. I offered the psych "why" to Eddie . I get some good training material off the board from y'alls comments.

Rest assured, that pic will become a training aid.

And your screen shotted comment will be a power point pic to emphasize the point you made.

Ever heard the comment, "under stress, you revert to the lowest level of your training" ? Pic is a classic example.

Last edited:
    Everyone has to understand that cops perform a bunch of functions other than "field".

Courts, evidence, public relations......

In a shit show such as that scene would become you may have guys showing up that shoot once a year and someone has to push the pen through the target to get them home that day.

I think to some extent we want our police kind of fucked up.

Take a small amount of comfort in knowing that they are not too different from the bigger society they serve.

Edit add - I am hoping though that big guy realizes the stock adjust lever is not the trigger to fire the piece.

My response was related to the possibility the photo was staged. If so, I would think they would have done a better job.

Oh where to start.

Let's forget about Heavy-6 for a minute and let's look past the fact that he probably ate what is missing of that stock, or the department was cutting back so it could afford new tires for their Bearcat that they thought was such a fantastic idea a few short years back.

I had a friend when I was in Afghanistan that adopted a rebuttal to most dumb shit the fobbits back behind the wire would say when they thought they were cool guys, 'You wanna know how I know you've never been in combat?' is what he'd ask, right after they said or did something retarded that they thought was what you were supposed to do.

That's what I think of when I see this picture.

Let's get right on top of each other and use a soft skinned vehicle for cover (hint: its concealment, nothing more).

Let's hold the rifles with our firing hand so unnaturally that when/if I actually have to click the safety to fire and then get my hand re-positioned to get on the trigger, its basically taken me 5 minutes and I've now totally changed my entire grip and hold on the gun. Hey...what am I even aiming at?

Let's all get in each others' peripheral blind spots and stand next to each other but staggered to the front and rear. That way, when we all have tunnel vision from our lack of any real training we can all shoot each other in the face as soon as the target isn't completely, directly in-front of us.

Let's not use the vehicle to actually get 2-3 points of contact on the gun so its actually steady. Let's just put my elbow directly on the flat metal and I'm GTG.

Let's make 2 'kill zones' to either side of us, by blocking ourselves in, after standing on top of each other, and park our vehicles to either side of us to where we are now funneled either in a perfectly perpendicular lane to the right and to the left. Let's not try to actually form a skirmish line by spreading out and using the fucking vehicles we parked all around us as well as let's just ignore setting up security on the sides.

Let's park our vehicles to where if something unexpected happens, we are fucking stuck in a self made traffic jam and now have to enter vehicles basically facing the threat to get away.

Let me guess....they're 'forming a perimeter?'

But hey, what do I know. Noobs.

Last edited:
    That AP photo is just so Ghillieman2011. Only old-timers here will catch the reference. Just SMH and grimacing.

The fat guy... Even if he was changing positions, from what to what would require the weapon be that high? He should be high manning the guy to his right but I bet the belly gets in the way of doing it properly. Then the guy using his buddy as cover should be doing something similar. From there they should seek better cover and form a line if possible, because they are neither concealed nor covered behind that car.

On the other hand, it's probably just a show of force and the guys really doing shit are up ahead. Probably don't even have a round chambered yet and they aren't really even in danger. In that case it doesn't matter much, they're just backup really.

It's hard to tell from a picture out of context but I guess it does bring up questions.