• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Only thing better than a 7.5" barreled .308

Manic Mike

Private
Minuteman
Mar 27, 2021
Southern California
The only thing better than a 7.5" barreled .308, is two 7.5" barreled .308's! While this is not a long distance, highly accurate firearm (and maybe not appropriate for this forum), it is going to be fun; especially two of them. A Forum Member revealed the existence of this particular beauty, when I was trouble shooting (he he he) an ejector problem on a .308. I found SLR and waited for a few months for the barrel to come back into stock; it did and I bought one. The hand guard was an additional $290.00 and since they make the only .308 handguard that will fit a 7.5" barrel, I spent $$ I did not have and got one. This did not seem like a good financial decision and I found a 12" hand guard that looks awesome and can be cut/sculpted to fit easily for $39.00. SLR was cool and agreed to refund the cost of the hand guard and I ordered another barrel. Everything should be built and ready within a week or so and I will provide an update on the firing experience of two simultaneous .308 semi-auto pistols, if anyone is interested. I do believe that the Flash/Bang of a short barreled .308 needs no explanation.
Manic Mike

Been thinking of a short 308 as a lightweight hiking rifle but the loss of velocity makes me think I would regret it.

Short 308's scream that one can be practical and also like to party
hell-yeah-brother.jpg

I could have swore I had a video shooting a 4.5” barreled 308 hk in f/a. That’s a ride.

If you can’t get em with the bullet, you’ll pepper em with the unburnt gunpowder.

Well, I am just glad that THEY decided that this was a pistol on the date is was born, because it seems to be 23.5" long. I don't follow politics much, but that seems a bit short for a rifle. I'm working on the handguard, it appears that only SLR makes a handguard and it costs as much as the pretty barrel. I do have legitimate, relevant issues to discuss on the forum, but this is too much! What do you all think: Thread Protector and really big bang or Muzzle Brake Bling? I am tending towards Thread Protector.
Manic Mike

IMG_20220428_134803.jpg

Reactions: GUNNER10