• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ooops!!! "Rifle left unattended"

slowkota

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 9, 2010
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
Link

What the hell kind of rifle is this???
202a254f6bba740ef10e6a7067004870.jpg

Re: Ooops!!! "Rifle left unattended"

Must of seen a donut shop and got too excited and forgot his rifle.

Looks like any other cheap dpms most depts use.

looks like an AR with collapsable stock and extra mag pouch on the stock. it also has a long eye relief scope in front of carry handle...my 2cents... i think the angle and it being upside down makes it look weird, plus distance makes is difficult to see. definitely not something i would want to leave on the trunk of a squad car so a passerby can take a pic and post online for everyone to see. looks like its close to its balance point also, i would hate to see that thing hit the ground

Looks like some nit wit officer has a lot to explain.

They should do a stake out and see I'd that gun is going to shoot anyone.!!!!!

I kind of want to know why he had it out in the first place? Some beatnik getting a little too hyper at the starbucks in the background?

And the Seattle PD wonders why they're constantly getting sued...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opelboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like an AR with collapsable stock and extra mag pouch on the stock. it also has a long eye relief scope in front of carry handle...my 2cents... i think the angle and it being upside down makes it look weird, plus distance makes is difficult to see. definitely not something i would want to leave on the trunk of a squad car so a passerby can take a pic and post online for everyone to see. looks like its close to its balance point also, i would hate to see that thing hit the ground </div></div>

It just looked like some weird Dragonov style rifle to me, or a re-stocked M1A... Plus the buttstock is throwing me off too (From that pic)!

I looked at the picture before I read the article, so I thought it was a firearm that was confiscated from someone!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And the Seattle PD wonders why they're constantly getting sued... </div></div>

+1

Its a standard M4 collapsable stock rifle with a surefire tac-light handguard and some unknown sight mounted in front of the carry handle. It has some kind of stock pack on the extended stock.

The article says the officer laid it on the other car beside his and it drove off with people trying to stop him.

My first thought was DUMBASS.... Article says disciplinary action to be taken, please do, it is needed.

When I was able to shoot a lot of Trap you wouldn't believe the people that would leave a Gun worth many thousands of dollars unattended.
One guy had put a Perazzi on the tailgate of his truck and walked away with people walking by it close enough to touch it. I bet the Gun laid there for about 4 hr's.
Others would put their Gun in the rack with a hundred others and then walk into the club house for a few hours.

I would see signs all the time on the roads by some Trap range about losing a Gun on the road. This was from people layingthe Gun on their Vehicle then driving away.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thedarkside</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I kind of want to know why he had it out in the first place? Some beatnik getting a little too hyper at the starbucks in the background?</div></div>

Don't think you can park in seattle without being in front of at least one starbucks. Sometimes two or three.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Must of seen a donut shop and got too excited and forgot his rifle.
</div></div>
hey man Voodoo donuts up there is pretty damn good lol

It gets better. Original officer left the rifle on the trunk while the car was in a police lot. Another officer decided to take that car to go get coffee.......never noticing the rifle on the trunk. The car was driven to the coffee shop with the rifle on the trunk as reported by the local news reports I've seen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets better. Original officer left the rifle on the trunk while the car was in a police lot. Another officer decided to take that car to go get coffee.......never noticing the rifle on the trunk. The car was driven to the coffee shop with the rifle on the trunk as reported by the local news reports I've seen. </div></div>

LOL...pretty smooth driving!

I read today he was actually DRIVING AROUND with it on there but I'm not sure....ca n't imagine it hanging on...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read today he was actually DRIVING AROUND with it on there but I'm not sure....ca n't imagine it hanging on... </div></div>

I guess thats what an extra 5 lbs of tactical gucci gets you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I read today he was actually DRIVING AROUND with it on there but I'm not sure....ca n't imagine it hanging on... </div></div>
The news i saw said HE had gone off shift and a woman officer took the car without doing the required walk around of the car prior to patrol.
So HE absolutely "lost control" of the firearm. I also noted the news kept calling it a rifle as in "his rifle". Had it been you or me it would have been "a high powered automatic assault rifle with a high capacity clip in it capable of firing 600 rds a minute"
The hypocrisy of the media knows no bounds!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The hypocrisy of the media knows no bounds! </div></div>

ESPECIALLY in Seattle...They made a huge deal out of the illegal concealed carry in the park, the media went right along with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets better. Original officer left the rifle on the trunk while the car was in a police lot. Another officer decided to take that car to go get coffee.......never noticing the rifle on the trunk. The car was driven to the coffee shop with the rifle on the trunk as reported by the local news reports I've seen. </div></div>

I call bullshit on that one. Theres no fucking way that would have stayed on the trunk. There are so many dips, patchy chunks of road, and steep grades for that rifle to stay on the car. Unless they gorilla glued that bitch to the trunk, driving around with it didnt happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets better. Original officer left the rifle on the trunk while the car was in a police lot. Another officer decided to take that car to go get coffee.......never noticing the rifle on the trunk. The car was driven to the coffee shop with the rifle on the trunk as reported by the local news reports I've seen. </div></div>

I call bullshit on that one. Theres no fucking way that would have stayed on the trunk. There are so many dips, patchy chunks of road, and steep grades for that rifle to stay on the car. Unless they gorilla glued that bitch to the trunk, driving around with it didnt happen.</div></div>

Think what you will. Here's the Seattle Times article.
=============================================

Updated Wednesday, June 29, 2011 at 06:26 PM
Seattle police 'embarrassed' by rifle left unattended on cruiser
By Christine Clarridge
Seattle Times staff reporter

Everybody's done it.

You place an item on top of a car only to remember later — after you or someone else has driven off.

But when the forgetful individual is a Seattle police officer and the item is a semi-automatic rifle, it's more than a little embarrassing. It's also the focus of an internal investigation.

Seattle police spokesman Sgt. Sean Whitcomb conceded Tuesday it was "very embarrassing" that a semi-automatic rifle was left on the trunk lid of a police cruiser in downtown Seattle on Monday.

"The fact of the matter is that a police rifle was left on a car in public, and that is unacceptable," Whitcomb said. "It's very embarrassing, and it shouldn't have happened."

According to two sources with knowledge of the incident, it began when one officer was inside the secure parking garage at the West Precinct and unloaded his equipment from a police cruiser. The officer placed the rifle on the trunk of a nearby patrol car.

That officer, identified by sources as acting Sgt. Bill Collins, forgot about the rifle and walked off.

Another officer, identified as Lt. Deanna Nollette, then went into the garage and drove away in the patrol vehicle without realizing the rifle was on the trunk lid, the sources said.

The patrol car was parked a few blocks away from the West Precinct in front of the Roosevelt Hotel on Seventh Avenue around 9 p.m. Monday when at least two people spotted the rifle on the unattended vehicle.

A man who identified himself as Nick Gonzales confirmed he snapped a photo of the unsecured weapon.

Police said he then flagged down a couple of nearby bicycle officers.

A second witness noticed the rifle around the same time, and tracked down and alerted the officer, Whitcomb said.

He would "not confirm or deny" the sources' account, but said an investigation has been launched into the "circumstances that would allow for this patrol rifle to be left on this car."

He also couldn't say whether the rifle, reportedly an AR-15, was loaded.

Whitcomb would not speculate as to whether either officer would face discipline, but the Police Department's policy manual requires officers to inspect patrol vehicles before use.

He said it is a violation of the department policies to leave a weapon unattended, but not a criminal violation.

Whitcomb said such rifles are assigned only to officers who have additional training.

The high-powered weapons usually are kept in the trunk or between the driver and passenger seats.

Christine Clarridge: 206-464-8983

or [email protected]

How is it not a criminal violation? If I leave a weapon unsecured in my HOUSE and somebody I have over grabs it and starts shooting, it's both our asses! Or if a kid grabs it, it's my fault if something happens! Would they be saying the same thing if some teenagers had come along and grabbed it and one of them ended up shooting it?

SPD better get their shit together before they aren't able to afford any equipment for the next 20 years. You'd think with all the crap surrounding the wood carver incident they'd be on high stupidity alert. Last time I checked Reckless Endangerment was still criminal even if you're LE...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He also couldn't say whether the rifle, reportedly an AR-15, was loaded.</div></div>

I don't think cops load empty mags into their rifles!!!
So I think it'd be easy to conclude that it was loaded... stupids! lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alderleet</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSAR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It gets better. Original officer left the rifle on the trunk while the car was in a police lot. Another officer decided to take that car to go get coffee.......never noticing the rifle on the trunk. The car was driven to the coffee shop with the rifle on the trunk as reported by the local news reports I've seen. </div></div>

I call bullshit on that one. Theres no fucking way that would have stayed on the trunk. There are so many dips, patchy chunks of road, and steep grades for that rifle to stay on the car. Unless they gorilla glued that bitch to the trunk, driving around with it didnt happen. </div></div>

You got to remember he had been eating donuts all day, so the excess frosting and custard from his delicious treats stuck to the gun while he was finger fucking it like John Wayne. Then rifle was laid on trunk and said frosting and custard acted as an adhesive to secure the weapon to outside of super cruiser.

Not sure if it was posted yet, but apparently the rifle wasn't left on the trunk at that location. It was left on the trunk while switching gear/cars or something, presumably at the station. It actually made the trip on the back of the car all the way to that location.

Go figure.