• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Open carry vs. Concealed carry

tt123

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Denmark
I've been hearing a lot about this on the internet and in various gun magazines, so while at the beach with my wife this summer (I get pretty bored after half an hour of lying in the sun doing nothing), I decided to do a test and find out once and for all which is best. I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of reaction the two different methods of carry would provoke.

First I tested concealed carry. Not having any firearms with me, and knowing that if I did, I'd be in extremely deep legal sh*t (hey I live in Europe!), I decided to use something else as a substitute pistol. I chose a banana (because I had one in my bag). As I was only wearing a pair of speedos, concealment was rather difficult, but I did my best and managed to conceal the banana down the front of my swimming trunks where I could easily draw it if necessary. I then took a leisurely stroll down the beach for about a quarter mile.

Afterwards I took a stroll for a quarter mile in the other direction, open carrying (i.e. carrying the banana in the waistband of my trunks at the 9 o'clock position), and then compared the results.

Concealed carry.

Only 30% of the people on the beach noticed I was carrying.

Of these, 9 out of 10 of the women seemed very impressed, many of these smiled at me, and attempted to engage me in conversation. 4 out of 10 gave me their number.

Of the men, 8 out 10 seemed somewhat envious. Most of these attempted to ignore me, and also tried to make their wives/girlfriends ignore me. The last two seemed very impressed. Both of them gave me their number.

Open carry

80% of the people on the beach noticed that I was carrying.

Of these none seemed very impressed. Many of them pointed at me and laughed.

No-one gave me their number....

Conclusion

Concealed carry is for winners! Open carry makes you looks like a weirdo.

Please don't take this post too seriously, I'm only joking!

My biggest problem with open carry is usually the people who are doing it in a the stores and other populated areas are trying to make a statement that they are unable to articulate in any verbal form, therefor when the attention that they are seeking is given to them, they have no idea how to handle the situation, making all gun owner look like asses.

My biggest problem with open carry is usually the people who are doing it in a the stores and other populated areas are trying to make a statement that they are unable to articulate in any verbal form, therefor when the attention that they are seeking is given to them, they have no idea how to handle the situation, making all gun owner look like asses.
Did you read first?