• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OpenTrickler for DIY users

eamars

Private
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2019
New Zealand
Hello All
I'd like to share my open source powder trickler system the OpenTrickler
Inspired by the AutoTrickler v4 and Super Trickler, the OpenTrickler is designed be printed and assembled using garden tools.

Currently the OpenTrickler supports the following precision scales
  • A&D FX-120/300 series
  • G&G JJ100B series
To build the OpenTrickler you will need
  • A functional 3D printer with minimum 200mm3 build volumn.
  • Basic electronics experience and skills, including soldering and identifying basic components.
render.PNG

Basic function demos
Powder charge

Powder discharge

Last edited:
HOLY TRICKLE DOWN, BATMAN!!! I unashamedly clicked the watch button up there on the top right.

Reactions: eamars
I have neither a 3d printer nor the other required skills listed in the OP, but that's really cool, dude!

This is epic and awesome of you to share. What would you say the cost is for all purchased components?

This is epic and awesome of you to share. What would you say the cost is for all purchased components?
Everything except for PCB can be purchased from Aliexpress for less than $50. If you can find 5 buddies and share the PCB fabrication feed then each fully populated board costs around $15.

For printed part I'm expecting you to use less than 1kg of filament which is around $15-$20 depending on the type of the filament.

Of course you need to supply the scale which costs heaps. And a 3d printer if you don't have one already.

I knew I'd eventually find something to make with a pico. Always eager to learn a new skillset. I've been looking for some electromechanical device that holds my interest.

Thank you, very much.

I've started to build one of these to run on a GG J100B scale. I have a FX120i I can use for comparison sake as well.
Everything is printed at essentially factory settings on a Bambu X1 Carbon from ABS. Everything fits perfectly so far.
Ignore the short hopper, that was just a test print.

CTqLmpj.jpg

Here is the price list for everything I ordered. The PCB boards were $150 for the minimum quantity of 5 but I split it with some buddies.

j8QY5sn.jpg

maybe a dumb question, would there be a way to use this design with the bulk dropper and the IP trickler, using the autotrickler controller/software?

I've started to build one of these to run on a GG J100B scale. I have a FX120i I can use for comparison sake as well.
Everything is printed at essentially factory settings on a Bambu X1 Carbon from ABS. Everything fits perfectly so far.
Ignore the short hopper, that was just a test print.

CTqLmpj.jpg

Here is the price list for everything I ordered. The PCB boards were $150 for the minimum quantity of 5 but I split it with some buddies.

j8QY5sn.jpg
Here is my price for 10x PCBA
1710193174636.png

The average price per board is around $10 to $15 depending on your location.

Reactions: kthomas
maybe a dumb question, would there be a way to use this design with the bulk dropper and the IP trickler, using the autotrickler controller/software?
You may run into the performance issue like over charge or slow trickling.

But hardware wise it should be compatible.

I have a Autotrickler V4 and IP trickler so will be able to test a lot of different configurations like this once mine is completed. I will also have a FX120i and GG J100b scale so any combos you want to see tested I can likely facilitate.

I also may work with @eamars to get the Open Trickler working on the Creedmoor Sports scale which has been gaining popularity.