• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinion of Timney 700 trigger

Re: Opinion of Timney 700 trigger

I've got one in my .222 mag. It's far better than the factory trigger was, but I have an AJ 04 jewel in my .243 AI and my Surgeon .308 and they are better yet. The jewel breaks cleaner and crisper than my Timney. If you can afford a Jewel thats what I would get, but the Timney is alright.

good enough for this hilbilly, acually the newer shilen triggers is what i have been buying for my hunting/tactical rifles. Lee

Like mine. Don't have any bad feeling for that.

I tried ordering direct from Timney, but they are backordered. I found one from a private seller for $100 shipped NIB and jumped on it. Couldn't resist for the price. Not sure of the pull weight. Im sending it and the rifle to Karl Kampfeld for some work. Ill have him set it up for me.

I own 2, both set at 1 pound, both break like glass with no overtravel or creep. I really like the wide shoe on these triggers.

Oh ya, they also dont seem to mind being dirty and full of sand, lol.

I have a couple Timneys but not for the 700. I adjusted them myself, they all break cleanly and the adjustments were easy to do. The models that I have all allow for overtravel and creep adjustment as well as the pull weight.