• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinion on best AR hunting trigger?

giannid

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
Chagrin Falls, Ohio
Looking for a new trigger for my coyote/pig gun. Currently running a Geissele two stage trigger and would like to switch to a single stage for this rifle. What do you guys think the best bang for buck single stage trigger out there? Hoping to pick up a new one on a July 4th sale somewhere.

I have several of the drop in CMC triggers some 2.5 lbs some 3.5 and all are excellent. I use them on my competition guns also.

Reactions: BCP
Single-Stage Precision (SSP) Geissele Flat Bow.

Brownells have the Triggertech single stages on sale for $165, if they are still Iin stock that would be the way to go.
I can't believe the TT Diamond is still available at nearly half off. It's by far the nicest trigger I've used in the AR platform for precision.

Reactions: reelserious
I can't believe the TT Diamond is still available at nearly half off. It's by far the nicest trigger I've used in the AR platform for precision.

Yes they're pretty damn good, I let some guys shoot one of my rifles with the single stage AR15 Diamond in it today and the reaction is always the same... "Holy Shit!!"

Yes they're pretty damn good, I let some guys shoot one of my rifles with the single stage AR15 Diamond in it today and the reaction is always the same... "Holy Shit!!"
Not to derail the thread but does the single stage have the same soft reset that the 2 stage does Jake? That’s my only complaint with the 2 stage Diamond I have currently

Elftmann Match, adjustable from 2.5 - 4 lb, very crisp, firm positive reset.

Not the cheapest, by far.

MM

Reactions: B Man
Elftmann Match, adjustable from 2.5 - 4 lb, very crisp, firm positive reset.

Not the cheapest, by far.

MM
I’ll second this for a single stage. I really liked the wide trigger shoe too. Can be found around 165 if you look around
I've got two of them and really like them. I can't remember if they've each been sent back once or one has been sent back twice, but Elftmann said they updated the design a while back and sent me the new one. They've been great since. Actually wish the shoe was a hair wider though.
Love my Calvin Elite.
Got a few of them and love them as well, but I wouldn't put them on a hunting rifle.

Reactions: JS8588
Geissele Single Stage Precision/SSP. Currently on sale at Geissele and elsewhere.

Besides the Elf being a trigger with great letoff & reset, it also has a half cock notch like a 1911, for added safety if the gun is dropped or something similar.

MM

Reactions: TonyTheTiger