• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Opinions between Pulsar XP50 and the Trijicon Reap-IR 60mm

blhar15

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2004
Iowa
I am trying to decide between the Pulsar XP50 and Trijicon Reap-IR 60mm. I know the magnification differences, just wondering opinions on this. Not sure on range that I would be looking at yet.

Thanks

dude there is no comparison. trijicon without a doubt if youre dead set between those two. otherwise buy a halo lr and live a real happy life.

I'll 2nd that

Only get the pulsar if the built in "bells and whistles" REALLY matter to you.

The 25mm Halo is not that far from the trail when comparing new prices at least.... Maybe you are getting a used deal that only gives you the two options though?...

I would put Halo > ReapIR > XP50 Trail in terms of overall image quality. I think the Trail XP50 is still the best value, and the battery life right out of the box is pretty solid. If you do this 2-3x a week and simply want the best, I'd go halo or ReapIR. If you do it for fun and go maybe 20 hunts a year, the XP50 is what I'd go with. I personally went XP50 route and took the money I saved and bought an XM30 hand held scanner.

Ya xp38 to reap 35 is no comparison!!

I would take into consideration what type of terrain you will be hunting in. If it’s wooded area that doesn’t have big open areas and you will be taking short range shots a xp50 would do well I think and save ya some coin. If it’s open area with longer range shots and needing to ID targets at distance then the trijicon will be superior.

Reactions: lte82