• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions for multiple “rack grade” Ar purchase

Qazwsx

Private
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
USA
If you wanted to buy five or so rifles to store for the future as an investment and serious use how would you do it? Looking to stay on the “efficient frontier” of quality and low cost.

One side says go and buy all colt oem 2, some alg rails and whatever stocks and call it good.

Another option would be save a little on aero complete lowers and finds other chrome lined middy uppers from bcm etc.

Their option would be buy used guns bc frankly, most guns don’t get shot all that much even if they are relatively high end.

I’d like to stay around a grand or less per. I’m someone who usually shoots bcm, kac, ai, hk, fn so I’m not predisposed to being cheap with guns.

How would you do it?

If investment is one of your goals then oem is the way to go. Colt gets you in under a grand and the name brings resale value.

Aero sells complete rifles. My buddy got one for his son and it's a great rifle. There are lots of good rifles under a grand now. Your local gun store might also cut you a deal for 5 rifles.

Another thought is to buy a quality platform and sufficient tooling and spare components to support it. My work carbine and my training carbine are set up identically...and both are on their second barrels and bolts...I do shoot a lot... put north of 16,000 rounds through my training gun. I follow GI inspection protocols and also spent the money to have all the proper tools...not to mention training.

ETA- By spares, I am referring to barrels, bolts, FCG, springs, etc.

As for investment purposes, there are too many ARs out there to see any appreciable return on investment... unless you are banking on some “assault weapons” ban... even the you are risking that any future legislation will have a “grandfather” clause. In any event, there are better collectables to sink your money into, such as transferable MGs.

Reactions: Jsp556 and VP47PPC
LMT M4's are better than the Colt rifles IMO. I own two LMT's and was issued a Colt and saw hundreds of 'em as an SDM instructor. The LMT is just a superior rifle.

You can get the LMT M4 upper for $500 or so and a Defender 2000 lower for about the same and it comes with a SOPMOD stock. Another $100 or $150 or so for the LMT BCG. Just drop the BCG in and pin the upper to the lower and it's done.

The LMT M4's are available in 14.5 or 16, I got 14.5 and blind pinned two AAC 51T mounts because cans were just legalized but SBR's hadn't been yet. I put non-FF KAC rails on 'em, a grip, sling and an ACOG or MRO and a rear flip sight. That's a solid rifle that'll get the job done.

There is also the FN rifle that comes with the KAC rail. If it's not too expensive, if you can score it on sale, that's a good one that ready to go. The FN's really hold up well and take a lot of abuse.

There are others but you asked for rack grade.

Colt 6920 is a good baseline
This would be my choice. As mentioned above it’s factory and the name is well known. Two years ago 6920s were going for $750 with sales. Not sure you will see that price again but they are still under a grand.

I’m looking at it more as legislative insurance, not scalping people or planning to sell them later.

I have an lmt upper but am also issued colt. They roughly seem equivalent. The idea of a deeper box of parts to get to the same capability seems like a decent idea too

Last edited:
I’m looking at it more as legislative insurance, not scalping people or planning to sell them later.
If it’s for you and not for resale then get whatever you want. Colt, LMT, hell build them all differently. If it’s for you then do whatever floats your boat. I took it as an investment route but if I was stacking deep for a zombie situation then I’d build them how I wanted and have fun with it. No sense in have 5k in guns and not getting any enjoyment out of them

Reactions: Dan M
Love my 6920, but Strykervet is right about the LMT builds. They make great rifles and can be thrown together relatively inexpensive for what you get out of them. If it was me I’d go with the 6920s simply because of persoanal preference.

Last edited:
LMT M4's are better than the Colt rifles IMO. I own two LMT's and was issued a Colt and saw hundreds of 'em as an SDM instructor. The LMT is just a superior rifle.

You can get the LMT M4 upper for $500 or so and a Defender 2000 lower for about the same and it comes with a SOPMOD stock. Another $100 or $150 or so for the LMT BCG. Just drop the BCG in and pin the upper to the lower and it's done.

The LMT M4's are available in 14.5 or 16, I got 14.5 and blind pinned two AAC 51T mounts because cans were just legalized but SBR's hadn't been yet. I put non-FF KAC rails on 'em, a grip, sling and an ACOG or MRO and a rear flip sight. That's a solid rifle that'll get the job done.

There is also the FN rifle that comes with the KAC rail. If it's not too expensive, if you can score it on sale, that's a good one that ready to go. The FN's really hold up well and take a lot of abuse.

There are others but you asked for rack grade.

Colt 6920’s are superior to the lmt defenders. Lmt uses semi auto profile carriers, doesn’t parkerize the barrel under the fsb, and uses straight pins to pin the fsb. I’m an LMT fan, but their m4’s aren’t equal to a 6920. FN isn’t allowed to sell a TDP spec AR15 to anyone but uncle sugar. The best deals are the Colt 6920 Troopers For $886.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/40019/redirect

Colt 6920’s are superior to the lmt defenders. Lmt uses semi auto profile carriers, doesn’t parkerize the barrel under the fsb, and uses straight pins to pin the fsb. I’m an LMT fan, but their m4’s aren’t equal to a 6920. FN isn’t allowed to sell a TDP spec AR15 to anyone but uncle sugar. The best deals are the Colt 6920 Troopers For $886.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/40019/redirect

Agreed in no fucking way is a baseline LMT superior now one of their mid/high grade rifles absolutely but on a budget fuck no.

Reactions: Jsp556
If I was lucky enough to have one of those hidden rooms with racks after rack of AR's, 90% of them would be Colt's.

If You take the Rampant Colt off the Colt and put it beside a Rock River, what makes the Colt the better AR?

If You take the Rampant Colt off the Colt and put it beside a Rock River, what makes the Colt the better AR?

Pretty much every single component and the way they are assembled.

This list is longer than I care to post here now, but to start:

RRA has a 4140 barrel, Colt has the mil-spec 4150 CMV barrel.
Colt has the correct gas port, RRA has a sewer pipe gas port to work with shit ammo.
Colt bolt is made with the correct Carpenter 158 steel, RRA not so much.
Colt bolt is HPT/MPI, RRA is not.
Colt has the correct mil-spec receiver extension, RRA has the cheap shit commercial version.
Colt has the correct H buffer, RRA, again, not so much.
Colt uses proper assembly procedures, RRA does full-retard shit like using Loctite on the barrel nut and receiver extension retaining nut.

Basically, the Colt is the closest you can get to the mil-spec, RRA is over hyped, low end, hobby grade shit.

if you want 5 of the exact same rifle at a good price point—I’d go the 6920 route.

If you want to jump into the next generation of the AR15–find some used MRP’s for $1300-$1400. (Sometimes even cheaper)

Pretty much every single component and the way they are assembled.

This list is longer than I care to post here now, but to start:

RRA has a 4140 barrel, Colt has the mil-spec 4150 CMV barrel.
Colt has the correct gas port, RRA has a sewer pipe gas port to work with shit ammo.
Colt bolt is made with the correct Carpenter 158 steel, RRA not so much.
Colt bolt is HPT/MPI, RRA is not.
Colt has the correct mil-spec receiver extension, RRA has the cheap shit commercial version.
Colt has the correct H buffer, RRA, again, not so much.
Colt uses proper assembly procedures, RRA does full-retard shit like using Loctite on the barrel nut and receiver extension retaining nut.

Basically, the Colt is the closest you can get to the mil-spec, RRA is over hyped, low end, hobby grade shit.
could not have said this any better bud ??

I would call Surplus Ammo and Arms and see what they have to offer. If you are Mil or LE or something like that ask for Mike McAdam and talk to him about a bulk deal. They are making some nice stuff at a decent price nowadays.

Thank You Gasgun for takn time to reply. I did not realize there was that many diffs between the 2

I strongly recommend the Colt. Look around the used market, I see LE6920s for 600-650 regularly.

I suggest swapping out the barrel for the Colt 14.5 SOCOM version. Accuracy tests done by MOLON show it to be one of the most accurate chrome-lined barrels on the market. Just silver solder the FH of your choose to get over 16”.

The thing about mil-spec is that it is a standard. It may not be the best, but it’s a minimum standard that’s been demonstrated to produce a functioning, reliable, long-lasting rifle the vast majority of the time.

Cost-cutting measures like 4140 barrels, no chrome lining, improper/no staking on bolt and castle nut, locktite, not being park’ed under FSB, don’t mean the rifle won’t function. It’s just the absence of a standard.

I’ve cleaned enough Afghan dust out of my old Colt M4 to know that they aren’t perfect, but I refuse to except any less. Even if parkerizing under the FSB seems petty to the majority, I want it because it’s indicative of that standard.

I guess that's fair enough. To each his own, etc.. etc...

But the standard is there for a military logistics supply chain with (supposedly) set replacement cycles. You have armorer's supplying functional weapons to combat forces. Out here, everyone is their own 2111/2112 so I guess my thought on it is there's a lot more leeway for what'll work and it's just a judgement call. If I was supplying thousands of people a standard service rifle, sure. But for myself, the litmus test is "does it work for what I need it to do?". Hard chrome or nitride, 4140, 4150, 4340, SAE 9XXX, carpenter 158... If you understand materials and the processing is done satisfactorily, it doesn't really matter.

I do agree with you. I’ll freely admit that my attachment to the TDP is based on a judgement call (emotion, when it comes down to it) rather than empirical evidence. There’s evidence showing that High Pressure Testing bolts leads to bolt lug failure at a lower round count than simply mag particle inspection, so the TDP is not perfect and materials technology has advanced hugely since it was written. I’d argue that the TDP’s weak spot is the bolt, and I like keeping around a few spares.

That said, the documentation on BCM’s Filthy 14, a rack-grade TDP rifle, shows that a mil-spec rifle with all its limitations is pretty damn good.

https://www.swatmag.com/article/filthy-14-bravo-company-carbine-goes-31165-rounds/

if only the OEM2 rifles from Colt were midlength, that would be a little cooler.

I would build them. It’ll save you some money and you’ll be more knowledgeable about the system. Use the money saved on ammo, mags, and trigger time.

As for parts spend your money on the barrel and upper. Look for a keyhole forge mark on the upper. Chrome lined colt or FN barrel would be my choice. Mid length with FSB would be my preference.

Toolcraft BCG’s are a good standard. The last ones I bought were nitride with 9310 bolts. Best part I caught them on sale for under 70. A spare or 2 here is cheap insurance to keep your rifles running.

Any charging handle that’s forged from 7075 would be a good choice. BCM’s are great. Even an Anderson is a solid choice.

I prefer CMMG for rack grade Lower Parts Kit. Their pins are about .030” long and have a dimple which makes takedown easier. I’ve never had one of their bolt catches fail. I hate mil spec trigger guards so I splurge for magpul’s. Trigger is personal preference. Use whichever grip you prefer.

Any forged 7075 lower that floats your boat will work. Even Anderson. Unless a certain roll mark strikes your fancy or some extra feature is offered save your money. You have to pay a lot for just a little extra when it comes to lowers. The roll mark will affect perceived value if that matters to you.

You want a milspec diameter forged 7075 receiver extension (buffer tube). Colt’s are 4 position. BCM’s are 6 position. Even Anderson’s are ok here.

I tend to tune with the buffer weight. Standard carbine buffer is 3ozs and has 3 steel weights inside. Heavy buffers have tungsten weights. H1 has one tungsten and 2 steel. H2 has 2 tungsten and 1 steel. H3 has 3 tungsten weight.

Buy standard buffers. If during testing your rifles show symptoms of being over gassed you can pick up an H3 buffer to scavenge the weights from to figure out which buffer weight (H1, H2, or H3) works best for your rifle. There’s a roll pin you drive out to disassemble the buffer swap the weights around. Its cheaper to buy complete H3 buffers than to source loose weights if you shop. A properly ported 16” mid length barrel should be fine with standard buffers. Carbine gas systems like a 6920 may need H1 or H2.

AR’s like lube. I run dry lube as it does not thicken when it’s cold like oil based lubricant.

All the knowledge you gain from building and tuning them yourself is priceless. You’ll be able to keep them running for a lifetime.

You cannot build a rifle as good as a colt 6920 as cheaply as you can just buy a 6920.

ETA: You don’t want to have to tune a HD, SHTF, EOTWAWKI, or what ever the fuck you want to call it rifle. You want a rifle that is reliable across a wide range of conditions. Get it out of the box, clean it, lube it, and shoot it. For the lightest recoil, less gas blow back, etc, sure, go for it. For a fighting rifle, you don’t want something that barely runs or adjustable gas blocks, gas keys, carriers, silent springs , or any other gimmick. Buy what’s proven to work.

Last edited:
You cannot build a rifle as good as a colt 6920 as cheaply as you can just buy a 6920.

That’s some funny chit right there.

While I agree the 6920 barrel is a damn fine rack grade barrel. 16” carbine gas barrels tend to be hard on the system by design. This the reason Colt ships them with H buffers. The barrel and upper is where the magic happens. The rest just holds the springs and mag.

The carbine gas system was designed around the 14.5” barrel. The extra 1.5” of barrel was added to make the carbine not fall under the NFA.

16” midlength is a Better mousetrap. And you get extra sight radius if running open sights. Win, win.

This isn’t the 90’s when Colt was king and everything else had .223 chambers. And The prancing pony on the side meant you had a stallion.

Today not so much. LMT and KAC are the top dawgs.

In today’s AR market you can put together rifle with SUB MOA potential for the price of a 6920. Without optics of course.

The op stated serious use. Yes, mid length is a better system. Sub moa isn’t the same as serious use. Op stated $1k or less. Like it or not, carbine gassed colts run straight out of the box. You don’t have to tune it. They have pinned fsb or shaved and pinned fsb’s. They are built to TDP spec. The only diff in a 6920 and an issued m4 is barrel length and the fcg. Keep it lubed and use good mags.

FYI, my go to rifles are a Rifle length LMT MRP 16” cl mid gas barreled carbine and a LMT MWS. You can’t buy either for under 1k. My MRP has a H1 buffer, same as the 6920. The MWS has an H3. If I’m not mistakenSR-15’s with intermediate gas ship with an H buffer as well.

E556EA8B-A78E-4ED6-877F-7FE416564D27.png

Feed a free floated 6920 good ammo and it’ll exceed the capabilities of most shooters.

While it’s a 20” A2 upper, 6/10 hits at 1k yards with mk262 and 3/10 with M855 with iron sights, standard handgaurd and a sling shows the capability. http://looserounds.com/2013/06/10/a...rack-grade-ar15-and-m855-make-1000-yard-hits/

Comparing anything Anderson or CMMG to Colt speaks volumes. You’re better than that bud.

Last edited:
Comparing anything Anderson or CMMG to Colt speaks volumes. You’re better than that bud.

There’s nothing wrong with CMMG LPK’s or Anderson lowers and buffer tubes.

Anderson tubes are forged 7075 and so are BCM and Colt. Anderson cost 35. BCM are 60 and I haven’t priced Colt in years. Are BCM and Colt better than Anderson. Possibly. Are they 2X better? No way.

Would I recommend an Anderson barrel. Not so
Much.

The only stressed part in the lower is the bolt catch. As long as it’s solid all should be fine.

I agree with you on just about every point you make.

I’m not suggesting the OP build sub MOA rifles. My point was for 900 each he could. I suggested Colt or FN barrel, toolcraft BCG, and Key hole forge upper. That’s where you want to spend your time, money, and effort to get the desired outcome. The magic is in the upper.

A factory rifle buys you factory support. If you build your own, then test and tune them you ARE the factory support. With some strategic parts as back ups you’re golden.

Reactions: Ledzep
Anderson? Outta spec nightmare parts there.

I hear that all the time. Haven’t seen it much though. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands are out there.

So I bought a nicer lower recently. Paid 2X what Anderson’s go for. I wanted the roll mark. The pictures are what I got. I was told they would NOT take it back because I had transferred it. But they would offer me 10% back ($6). I still haven’t gotten the $6.

The lower is perfectly serviceable. But I paid a premium over “outa spec nightmare parts” and got a lower with odvious machining process issues.

Attachments

• B8C5C54F-DF8F-4413-BCC3-D570DA12A710.jpeg
    B8C5C54F-DF8F-4413-BCC3-D570DA12A710.jpeg
    328.7 KB · Views: 55
  • 6840689D-D58D-43C2-AD37-33A5527060E1.jpeg
    6840689D-D58D-43C2-AD37-33A5527060E1.jpeg
    340.5 KB · Views: 55
I had an Anderson upper with an out of spec pic rail. No go for mounting optics.

I had an A1 buffer tube from Anderson that the inside was finished so poorly that it was undersized and it hung up the buffer.

No thanks as those were the only Anderson parts I ever tried. 0 for 2 for me.

I had an A1 buffer tube from Anderson .....

Fun fact: Colt is the only manufacturer to make rifle length buffer tubes from 7075. Even LMT’s rifle tubes are supposedly 6061 like every body else’s.

Here you spend the coin for Colt. 7075 is about twice as strong as 6061.

I hear that all the time. Haven’t seen it much though. I wonder how many hundreds of thousands are out there.

So I bought a nicer lower recently. Paid 2X what Anderson’s go for. I wanted the roll mark. The pictures are what I got. I was told they would NOT take it back because I had transferred it. But they would offer me 10% back ($6). I still haven’t gotten the $6.

The lower is perfectly serviceable. But I paid a premium over “outa spec nightmare parts” and got a lower with odvious machining process issues.

You paid a "premium" for a PSA lower? Because you wanted the rollmark? A witty rollmark doesn't make a PSA a LMT. Nobody is going to take you seriously when you spew stupid shit like that.

Reactions: Jsp556
You paid a "premium" for a PSA lower? Because you wanted the rollmark? A witty rollmark doesn't make a PSA a LMT. Nobody is going to take you seriously when you spew stupid shit like that.

I paid “A PREMIUM” over poverty ponies. I never claimed PSA was “premium”. If I ever do, shoot me.

I’ll say it again another way. LMT and KAC are premium that you pay A premium for.

I paid “A PREMIUM” over poverty ponies. I never claimed PSA was “premium”. If I ever do, shoot me.

I’ll say it again another way. LMT and KAC are premium that you pay A premium for.

This seems like a good segue in, Premium PSA. If you buy their Premium uppers, you're getting an FN barrel. Their assembled lower with 6 pos stock is selling for $130 right now. It is a 7075 receiver and I think Aero actually makes them. Their full auto premium BCG was on sale around Christmas time for $70 with the same specs as a previously mentioned brand which are always $170. That's around 500 for something very similar to what is or will be purchased by .mil.

Quite frankly, stating I want to purchase ARs as an investment and must be capable of serious duty seem rather diametrically opposed. Any POS you happened to have was selling for a grand 6 years ago due to ban fears. If that's your motivation I'm not sure you can explain to the unwashed masses that KAC, LMT, Colt are better than Anderson and should sell for double.

I doubt the OP has to outfit a "team" in the future. Or it's one with no prior training and will be issued unfired rifles that have been stored for x amount of years?

The buy 6920s answer looks like cut and paste from another site. I'm not Colt hating, but that's the stock answer, along with cases of ammo and training. Apparently you can never shoot out a Colt barrel so I guess that's a good thing? Amazingly, I've never seen a single post saying I finally need to replace my 6920 barrel despite everybody who owns one training with it like a Space Force Delta Seal Ranger.

Sounds like the site you’re referring to is giving solid advice.

The buy PSA “premium” looks like cut and paste from another site where people tout their PSA “just as good as xxx” .

Lol those dumb people who paid $2k for their KAC, LMT, Hodge etc could have gotten just as good for $500 from PSA

PSA is the Harbor Freight of Firearms.

I said later on down the thread that it is concieved of as more of an insurance on legislation that would grandfather rifles versus a financial investment. I have a SR15 I shoot most of the time, this hypothetical is something I may do simply to satisfy my wants. For those suggesting the 6920, trooper or OEM2 that likely seems the most sensible route, especially if I can pay cash and get a better deal through a LGS.

The other option that still seems possible is pick up Aero lowers complete, and top with some of the exceptional deals you can find on used uppers. a complete BCM midlength upper with a kmr rail isnt too hard to find for $600, which nets you a pretty good product for 8xx dollars.

The OEM 6920s would be a good match to the ALG blem rails that go on sale around major holidays too.

For the LMT folks, I had kinda forgotten about LMT after I purchased my first upper from them many years ago, not sure why. Priced out, theres no way to get an LMT rifle complete for anything close to the price of a 6920.

If you're stuck on a factory roll mark The FN-15's moving at Europtic would not be a bad alternative. I'm biased, but I'll take that FN barrel, at this price, over others every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

break, break

Ammo is also much less expensive and it's a commodity that can be easily attacked, drying up access, and driving up demand. Folks were paying $800-$1k for 1k rounds of M855 not that many years ago. Buy it cheap and stack it deep!

break, break

The PSA hate is deep here but full rifle kits are selling at $260 shipped. Maintain, or build, with your $30 lower... and wait one. I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you could move that parts kit, with virgin lower, for a bit more than $290 during the next panic now scheduled for 2020.

Last edited:
Reactions: Luvman
I'm collecting PSA parts kits and Anderson lowers for beater rifles that could double as cash cows if things get retarded again.

Nearly every part has visible machine marks, some make "zing" noises when you slide them back and forth. So what? It works. So far function has been perfect and it's a fucken $350 AR-15 with a MI free float handguard. Hard to fuck it up that bad for that money.

Reactions: PBWalsh and Luvman
Sounds like the site you’re referring to is giving solid advice.

Especially if you buy your 6920 from the site owner's other site.

The buy PSA “premium” looks like cut and paste from another site where people tout their PSA “just as good as xxx” .

Do tell. My personal PSA Premium upper ran perfectly through a carbine class barely broken in, and it's not the first time I've stated that the premium is equivalent to FN on THIS site. I wouldn't advise buying anything but that line, not Freedom, PTAC, whatever. BTW, do you have any experience with them or just hive hate?

Lol those dumb people who paid $2k for their KAC, LMT, Hodge etc could have gotten just as good for $500 from PSA

Am I a straw man? Are you with the media? Why not try sticking with what I actually said? I never disparaged any brand nor would I ever say buy the cheapest out there. It's simply that not everyone has that much money for an AR. You might think you need to spend that much for an AR that runs, I don't.

I would hope that people buying a KAC would be experienced enough with these rifles to appreciate the differences. And probably owns a can at this point.

PSA is the Harbor Freight of Firearms.

South Carolina is the new China?

OP, I see you stated you have a KAC and what you're really looking to do. You're going to have to decide if you want to buy or build. If you opt to go with the Colts, I'd watch gun.deals for the best price.

Reactions: Qazwsx and Luvman
Every colt I’ve bought has been bought @ Clyde Armory in Athens, Ga. I do not buy guns online. OTC sales keep brick and mortar stores open. I’m not rich but can afford to buy what I want where I want. Grant is no different than Frank. Both are stand up guys who make a living off of the shooting sports and own a gun forum.

I posted my experience with PSA’s “premium” line. Canted FSB, wouldn’t co-witness an Aimpoint. The mid length FN barrel was overgassed even shooting the dirt clod shooters ammo of choice, wolf steel cased. The BCG was a no-go from the start. Uneven chroming inside the carrier destroyed gas rings. My brother in law took the bait and bought on even after being told they were shit. I’m glad your rifle functioned to your standards. There are many documented issues with PSA.

I didn’t quote you. If you took offense, your problem. Op stated $1k per rifle. Colt 6920’s are arguably the best @$1k and under. He’s prepared to drop $5k on rifles to stash in a safe. He isn’t broke.

People who buy Known Quality brands, HK, KAC, LMT, BCM, Centurion, Sionics, BCM, DD, etc are buying a rifle that is more likely to run correctly with no problems.

I compared PSA to Harbor Freight on the basis that their customers know they are buying a lesser quality at dirt cheap pricing, or, has bought the “just as good as” line. A professional mechanic or serious hobbiest buys Snap On, MAC, or Cornwell tools. The guy changing the spark plug on his kids go kart isn’t paying the Snap on man every Friday at lunch, he runs and buys the cheapest thing he can.

If this was the bolt gun forum, and the op asked advise on buying a solid entry level rifle to get into prs shooting with a $1k budget and you suggested running to Walmart and buying that $279 Mossberg because it is a good option and it’s a bolt gun too, and you made a hit on steel @500yds with it....... That’s essentially what happened suggesting PSA.

Reactions: hypno02 and Dan M
I'm collecting PSA parts kits and Anderson lowers for beater rifles that could double as cash cows if things get retarded again.

Nearly every part has visible machine marks, some make "zing" noises when you slide them back and forth. So what? It works. So far function has been perfect and it's a fucken $350 AR-15 with a MI free float handguard. Hard to fuck it up that bad for that money.

And I would not disagree that it isn't a bad idea to do that.

I’m glad your rifle functioned to your standards. There are many documented issues with PSA.

I have no idea where you posted your list of problems, here? You're sort of claiming to be a subject matter expert, but you couldn't get them to fix the problem with the company's unlimited lifetime warranty?

I didn’t quote you.
I know, that's your problem. You make up shit as you go, like...
If this was the bolt gun forum, and the op asked advise on buying a solid entry level rifle to get into prs shooting with a $1k budget and you suggested running to Walmart and buying that $279 Mossberg because it is a good option and it’s a bolt gun too, and you made a hit on steel @500yds with it.

No, the original question is an odd one. But here you are attacking again with your own argument. You win dude, you even have "556" in your username. Sure glad I never had to go to war with that H&R M16A1.

The problems were posted but I edited them out. You got me. I am not a SME. When I first got into AR’s I bought into the “Just as good as” speil. I bought a DPMS, then a Bushmaster, both were junk. Before I bought another, I actually did some research. I learned about the platform. I still don’t know it all.

I didn’t quote you so you didn’t take it so personally. You did anyway. Some people are emotionally invested in their purchases.

Sorry you didn’t get the jest of the comparison.

Let’s agree to disagree on our recommendations.