• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions in Sightron S2 4-16x42

clifford44

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
Arkansas
I just acquired a Sightron S2 4-16x42 and again am seeking input from the hide experts. I've always heard good things about these scopes and decided to give this one a try. I know it's not Sightron's newest scope on the market, but the deal was right and I needed a middle of the road scope for my daughters rifle (that's what I told the wife)! It seems to be every bit as clear and bright as my burris and luepolds. Looking for opinions for those who own one or have used one. as always, I really appreciate the great advise on this sight.

Re: Opinions in Sightron S2 4-16x42

I have an S1 series on my 243 and I must say that I am very pleased with it. For the price, it's great optic. Holds its zero well. haven't had the chance to do box test and all of that. Onl draw back is the parallax setting with the S1 and S2 is at 100 yards, I believe. Would not hesitate to get another one, would prefer with the S3 series however.

I have two of the older SII series 4-16x AO's. To be honest I like them very much. I wish they had the travel of the newer one's, but they will reach 1K yds (with a 20MOA base). I sure can't complain about the optics or repeatability. Better than as any Leupold I've ever owned.
shocked.gif

I have the big sky Sightron in 4-16x42 with the target dot. It is mounted on a Tikka T3 30-06. I have not found faults with it.
It tracks beautifully maintains its zero has 80 moa of elevation and the company will replace it with a new one no questions asked, regardless of when you bought. The glass is as good as it gets bright, crisp and clear.