• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions: IOR 2.5-10x42 FFP, MP8. lit, mil/mil

Double-edged

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2002
I've owned IORs before and sometimes had problems but had good customer service. I haven't owned one for a few years and LOTS of new designs and scopes have come out since and more and more folks have gotten on the bandwagon. I'm considering purchasing one of the 2.5-10x42 scopes with the lit MP8 reticle and mil/mil adjustments but have heard very little positive OR negative. Anyone using one? Anyone care to comment? If you don't want it in a public forum, feel free to PM me or e-mail me at [email protected].

Vendor would be Liberty Optics, of course, unless I bought straight from Val.

Re: Opinions: IOR 2.5-10x42 FFP, MP8. lit, mil/mil

Ive owned that scope, 'cept mine had .5moa turrets. I liked it alot and sold it only because the illumination, even on the lowest setting, was too bright.
I have also owned 3 of the 3-18s...2 SFP and 1 FFP.

IMO, the 2-10 is their best all-round scope in their line-up.

WOW Scott! $899!

that could add a little kink in what i was planning on doing!
now i should decided BRAND NEW IOR 2.5-10 for $900 or for a few more $$$ get a used 3-18 FFP model ($1200)

dang you scott!

AH!
found your sale thread in the classified area! left a question on there, but here it is again

doe the 2.5-10's have exposed knobs like the 3-18x42 FFP's? or is that only the 3-18's?

Thanks

I just picked up one from Scott as well. Glass quality is of course supurb. I like everything about it save one huge thing.

As you reduce power past about 4x the image narrows. You have full field of view and then at 4x and down, the field of view never changes because the aperture becomes smaller as the power reduces. This is a huge flaw in the design in my opinion. This is the first FFP scope I have owned. Is possible that it is common among FFP scopes???

One of the benefits of a scope of 2.5 power is the large FOV it affords at smaller powers. This one sacrifices some of that (34' @100yds vs the comparable NF NXS with 44' @ 100yds)

I didn't know this when I mounted it on my DPMS AP4 (308) and was a little ticked when I realized what the deal was. Since I mounted it though, I have to keep it. I checked the clicks and glass clarity, made sure that the zoom ring worked ok and mounted it. When I was looking through the thing and the FOV narrowed after 4x, I called Scott to make sure there wasn't something wrong with my scope. Nope, they all do that.

It's a good scope don't get me wrong but the reduction in aperture is something that should be advertised as such. One does not expect to see that particularly in a $900 optic.

The cost savings for this scope vs the comparable NF is $650. That might make up for the flaw. I do think that the reduction in aperture is a big deal though and probably would have saved up and got the NF had I known. Certainly it is something that should be advertised so that everyone knows what the deal is before they buy it.