• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions of JP RIfle's CTR-02 or their LRP-07 308?

Re: Opinions of JP RIfle's CTR-02 or their LRP-07

C'mon, no-one can tell me anything about these? I mean I know they aren't a Sniper rifle, but someone here must know them?

JP stuff is generally thought to be top shelf gear....any and all of my dealings with the company ,use of their guns and triggers , brakes have all been great...they work and work well...

Thanks! How about their accuracy? And Would the milled aluminum receiver on the LRP-07 in 308 hold up?

No experience with the LRP-07, but I have two JP15 uppers and they both shoot lights out. Their quality, reliability and accuracy is outstanding. Getting one right will be virtually impossible as they are 6mos+ behind. You may find one used on brianenos.com (competition shooting web site), gun broker or guns america.

Thanks for your opinions !
Any one else have any experience with the JP LRP-07 in .308?

Hopefully I'll be able to give it to you soon: mine was supposed to be in a couple of weeks ago but they're waiting on receivers (anno-ing, I assume, because they're made in-house). I'll do a range report as soon as I get it in.

I bought two new CTR-02 rifles last Thanksgiving, one with an 18" barrel and the other with a 24". The CTR-02 is well designed (barrel heat dissipator under the handguard, JP trigger group, and lightweight buffer system are three examples) and well built (7075-T6 billet upper and lower, reinforced mag well, match-grade barrel, and fit and finish are examples), and shoot very accurately with reduced recoil with the effective muzzle brake. I'm shooting handloaded 69SMKs or surplus mil M855 (62gr) for all my AR-type rifles.

They have a very solid feel and the mounting rails are really mil spec (important for some optic mounts). Mine came with Magpul PRS stocks, which I really like and recommend. For hunting I had to tape the shiny stainless barrels with camo tape. They seem relatively lightweight for having heavy match barrels, important if you field carry. I have an ELCAN Specter DR on one and a USO ST-10 on the other. The VTAC handguard has a great feel, but doesn't have built-in rails if you like a lot of tactical gear. I'm using Blue Force Vickers two-point slings on both rifles, also recommended.

The only downside is the cost. I have no regrets for buying them and I paid the full price and tax at Scheel's here in Reno. If I were going with one, I would pick the 18" as it handles very well and is 1.5 pounds lighter. I can't think of another complete rifle that, overall, is as well thought out and built as the CTR-02. You could put an AR together yourself from the best components out there and possibly save some money.

I have 3 rifles built by John at JP rifles a CTR-02, a AR-15 and a LRP-07 in 260. They are without question the best built rifles I own, and I own most of the great ones. They are well balanced and very accurate. John is aways available for questions. They are not 1000 yard rifles. They are 700-800 yard rifles, even the .260 since I can only get about 2700 fps from 139 Scenars.
Lance

I just received my CTR-02 in 6.5 Grendel last Friday and am waiting on a scope. This thing is sweet and I am dying to get it out and see what it has. The build is excellent, everything is tight and it appears to live up to everything I read about it before ordering it. If it shoots half as well as it looks and feels, I'll be happy!

Thank you for all your valuable comments!

Libertas... where are you going to find ammo for 6.5 Grendel? I too looked at getting one, but can not find any good source of ammunition.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bumbellybeak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thank you for all your valuable comments!

Libertas... where are you going to find ammo for 6.5 Grendel? I too looked at getting one, but can not find any good source of ammunition. </div></div>

I ordered 250 rounds from Baer when I got my 1st Grendel from him, and I reload from there. Brass is easy to come by and so are the bullets. I haven't checked lately, but Black Hills and Alexander Arms sold it. Check out the ballistics on it, it is a sweet round, and as easy to shoot as it is accurate. Did I say that it was accurate?