• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on Badger FTE brake

supernt

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
VA & SoCal
I am considering purchasing a rifle that has a Badger FTE brake. I have no experience with these, so any opinions appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Opinions on Badger FTE brake

It's a very effective brake..but if the price is right for the rifle I wouldn't let the muzzle brake stop me. If you don't like it you can always have American Precision fit one of their brakes.

Works great, damn loud (what break isn't)easy off and on for cleaning or such.

I don't own one but a buddy of mine has one on his GAP 308. Makes the rifle very loud but kicks like a .223. He had an issue with it coming loose while shooting one time and the groups went to crap (little lock tight fixed that). As already stated if price is right on rifle you can remove it. JAA

Great brake for the shooter, bad for the rest of the line....I love mine. 300WM has less felt recoil than .308.

Awesome brake. I'm on # 2 now. As far as noise I really dont think the rifle is any louder than anyone elses. As far as felt recoil, and muzzle rise - it really works, in the sense of really allowing you to catch your trace, and make a quick follow up if in a match situation. Dust signature is not bad, unless you are shooting in SoCal chalk dust...and it is a lil heavy. But all in all it's a great brake that does what it's supposed to do.

Tubb is a more effective brake, and cost less.

I've shot next to one a few times and didn't find it as bad as it looked like it was going to be.