• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions on Burris 1.5-6x40 XTR?

NordicG3K

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Southern Oregon
I'm looking for a low to mid-range power scope for my FAL. I want something that will work out to about 300 yards or so, but will also work up close as well. The Burris 1.5-6x40 Xtreme Tactical XTR looks like it might fit the bill, but would like to hear from someone who actually has some experience with it.

201908.jpg

Burris 1.5-6x40 XTR

Re: Opinions on Burris 1.5-6x40 XTR?

I've got one....its heavier than I would want to put on my FAL. Check out the 1x4XTR, I think that would suits your application better.

It is a clear, and robust scope. The knobs are repeatable, and the reticle is certainly usable, though unconventional. I like the scope, and a friend has borrowed it for a Tikka T3 Varmint in .308 for hunting season....he really likes it also.

Re: Opinions on Burris 1.5-6x40 XTR?

The 1.5-6 I had for a while would shift POI with power changes (2" at 100 yards). As already said, it's a heavy scope for it's size and the FOV seems small. I have not had much luck with Burris over the last couple of years, so I'll spend my money elsewhere.