• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Opinions on Bushnell Elite 6500 scopes

jdgray

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2009
SW, MI.
I'm looking to upgrade the glass on my .308, what do you think of this line of scopes?

Re: Opinions on Bushnell Elite 6200 scopes

Being that there is no Bushnell Elite 6200 line, I'd say you're hard pressed to find an answer to your question.

Bushnell does, however, make an Elite 3200, Elite 4200 and Elite 6500 series. I have an Elite 4200 6-24x50 on my .308 that I really dig. It has very good glass that is very good at light gathering (Bushnell seems to be most happy with this aspect if their marketing of the scope is any indication). The turrets are excellent: good, tactile clicks and repeatable/resettable to zero (though it does NOT have any sort of zero-stop functionality. It's no NF in disguise, but I would definitely put it in Leupold territory which makes it a fantastic bargain for your buck. It's only downfall is that it only has 50 MOA of elevation which means that you will definitely need an MOA base to shoot out to 1000 yards.

I also have an Elite 3200 10x40 on an AR 15 which is also a very good scope (perhaps the best for the money all around IMO). It has the same turrets and reticle as the 4200. Glass is also very good.

I have not used an Elite 6500 scope at all.

The 6-24x40 Elite 4200 that I have does NOT have a resettable zero and only has 29MOA of adjustability. My 3200 is considerably more adjustable and is resettable so better check the specs carefully before you buy.

Correction: The Elite 4200 6-24x40 is resettable. My apologies for any confusion.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyRod</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The 6-24x40 Elite 4200 that I have does NOT have a resettable zero and only has 29MOA of adjustability. My 3200 is considerably more adjustable and is resettable so better check the specs carefully before you buy. </div></div>

The 6-24x50 does have the target turrets and advertised 50 MOA of elevation travel which is why I bought it over the 6-24x40. It was about $100 more, but I thought it was worth it.

To OP: If you're going to buy an Elite 4200 6-24x, go with the 6-24x50, NOT the 6-24x40. One is designed as a tactical scope, the other is not.