• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

opinions on Duracoat for pof

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
I have a POF 308 that was a Cabelas Special, Duracoat tan and Green from the Factory, I am planing on re doing the duracaot, rifle is general Purpose Hunting I am sure I will sell afterwords like I always do, but anyhow. I was thinking Dark Earth Ultra Flat, leave the furniture as is but paint the Lower/Upper receiver and free Float rail Dark Earth?
here is what it looks like now, some of the duracaot is wearing off
DSCN5840.jpg

Re: opinions on Duracoat for pof

I am getting ready to build a 264 LBC-AR and am going to do the same, except do the receiver/tube in Leupold DE and the stock/grip/barrel in Combat Black. I found something similar to my plans, this is not mine but what I am planning.
ar21.jpg

I have the exact same POF .308, also from Cabelas. I sent my back to POF due to feeding/extraction issues and asked them to strip it and repaint w/Cerakote in OD Green. We will see if they actually do it......I was also having a LOT of prolems with chips, ect. It was like the duracoat was defective, it chipped very easy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fmsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">this one has been flawless, runs great, my duracoat is almost cured I will give a another day before I shoot it, I also added the roller cam in mine </div></div>

What is a roller cam? (I probably should know this!)

Looks awesome. I use duracoat alot and really like the ultra flat tactical colors. I think the OD is my favorite.

That looks terrific. Are you planning to coat your scope also?

Looks great I really like the FDE & green, I wonder if thats the same one I saw in the Library a month or so ago. I'm also kind of surprised the 308 didn't come stock with the roller cam, my 5.56 did. I have thought about coating mine but I've got the nickel/teflon finish and I'm pretty sure adhesion would be an issue

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FPO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That looks terrific. Are you planning to coat your scope also? </div></div>

No, I actually have the rifle forsale so the scope wont get coated, no one seemed to want the rifle with the cabaelas duracaot so I am hoping they will like this one...

Nothing against the rifle at all, cause it looks great...but if the previous FACTORY duracoat was coming off, why would you want to put the same stuff back on?
I would have chosen to replace the finish with cerakote myself.