• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on First Semi

Night Hunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2011
Cullman, AL
Guys

I know I am asking a lot, just need a little direction...

I am in the planning stages of my first semi build. I have decided on the caliber and it is probably not a popular by all accounts but it's what I feel like I get the most use out of as far as hunting and shooting.

The caliber I have decided on is the 260. I KNOW THERE ALL KINDS OF COMBINATIONS but I am just looking for common preferences from guys in the know.

My budget is $1000-$1350 for now...
How should I go about reaching this budget? Purchase parts and put together or purchas armalite or dpms? If the answer is build. Where whould I start? What Upper? Lower? Trigger group? Ect?

Thanks for any Help!

And sorry for the newb question, but I am NOT a semi guy... So blast away
wink.gif

Re: Opinions on First Semi

I think you are going to have a hard time staying within that price range if you include a decent trigger. If you buy a DPMS complete or build one from DPMS parts you will be looking at close to $1400 with a $200 trigger upgrade.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowslngr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you are going to have a hard time staying within that price range if you include a decent trigger. If you buy a DPMS complete or build one from DPMS parts you will be looking at close to $1400 with a $200 trigger upgrade. </div></div>

If I keep it simple most of the items I can get under retail price as well. But if that is the case, for the price I got today, I may go back and get the DPMS LR260.

Just to make my post more clear, that was $1400 including a good trigger upgrade. Sometimes you can find stuff for a bit less.