• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Opinions on HK Custom Combat for CC

waveone

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2007
Texas
Considering the .40 S&W. I like the new higher capacity of this weapon.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with it?

Re: Opinions on HK Custom Combat for CC

for CC my usp is the last gun i pick up. its a pretty big gun and the custom combat sights are pretty tall and likely to snag, but to each his own.

Interesting. Haver you trained with the Custom Combat or the USP?

anyone else have thoughts?

You mean like this?
laugh.gif

30usdat.jpg

Unless you have a large frame or are otherwise able to conceal a fairly large/wide pistol under heavy clothing, etc., then anything in the USPf lineup is going to be a problem. They have a large footprint that most everyone I know has difficulty concealing (myself included). Also, if by "new higher capacity" you mean installation of the jet funnel and use of the USP "white" mags, then it becomes an even bigger challenge to conceal because of the extra height you add to the pistol (roughly another 1" of height to be exact).

Also, the trigger in the CC is the stock, USP trigger unit (Variant 1 DA/SA) and it is heavy, long and generally not all that good. The "Combat Competition" includes the JF, white mags and the upgraded hybrid Match/LEM trigger which is a vast and necessary improvement.

My EDC is a USPc in .45acp and it conceals extremely well for me with both IWB and OWB holsters, but it is a good bit smaller than the USPf. The other compacts are basically the same size, so if you want a 9mm or a .40, then you can get one of them as well and you'll have a much better suited pistol for concealed carry.

Now, for open carry, range use, training, etc., the USP pistols, including the CC, are excellent. They are accurate, ultra-reliable, and easy to shoot (with a little trigger work), but I wouldn't grab a standard USPf for concealed carry unless that was all I had at my disposal.

I am a huge HK fanboy and own a few of their pistols (just picked up a P7 PSP actually)including the USP .40 Tactical, USP Compact .40, P30 V2 .40 and have owned but sold (and regret selling) a P2000 V2 .40 and another USP Compact .40. For concealed, the P2000 is hard to beat, the P30 grips rub terribly, and the Fullsize USP's are a bit bulky. The P2000SK was too small for my hands, but they have an X-Grip for the USP compact/P2000 mags that will allow them to fit flush in the SK and makes the grip longer. Personally I will be using my new to me P7 PSP as my CCW.

Um yeah KYshooter,

Please post a photo of your holster and perhaps how you carry that on your hip...
wink.gif

Ya I have carried my usp45 but its pretty big, and I'm a big guy. I wouldn't recommend it and especially in 40 there are many better options.

I would have to say no also. I have a USPc in 9mm flavor that will be my CCW when I actually get to live in an area that allows me to do it. If you have to CCW an HK def go with the compact. 9mm in the compacts allow for 15+1 and shooting Cor-Bon that is a winning combo in my opinion.

I think it's a terrible choice for CC - my opinion

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: waveone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um yeah KYshooter,

Please post a photo of your holster and perhaps how you carry that on your hip...
wink.gif
</div></div>

Drop leg holster
wink.gif

Ahh, the old "the trenchcoat is part of the concelament rig" angle....

Hell KY, might as well go with an AR pistol at that point.
grin.gif

CCW's and the rigs they are hauled in are like shoes. The ones that fit me will suck for you. Most of the guys here who have carried an HK variant are admittedly full grown men. I (being of the same persuasion) had a USP in 45 ACP for about a year, great gun, just no purpose for it other than to just have it. Even though I carried a big gun (G 21) concealed for years, the USP was just too unpractical for me. If you have one, carry it for a while. No matter what, it will feel somewhat awkward initially, just like a new shoe. One day it comes to you that Holy Cow, my foot hurts or Holy Cow I love this rig.

I dare anyone here that has seriously carried concealed for several years to say they only have one holster. They are like your wife's shoes so don't feel bad if you buy one you don't like. It won't be the last one LOL!

I tried out the USP Compact in 45 for a carry pistol, and it didn't offer any advantage (other than a warm fuzzy when I watched 24 and saw all those USPc's) over a similar sized 1911, XD or if they fit your shooting style-Glock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell KY, might as well go with an AR pistol at that point.
grin.gif
</div></div>

There was a lot of sarcasm behind my "drop leg holster" comment. I don't ever carry with the can on the pistol even though it can be holstered due to the shape of the suppressor.

Biggest pistol I carry concealed is a Springfield EMP in 40. Its a 3" 1911 but it feels like Im packing a brick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell KY, might as well go with an AR pistol at that point.
grin.gif
</div></div>

There was a lot of sarcasm behind my "drop leg holster" comment. I don't ever carry with the can on the pistol even though it can be holstered due to the shape of the suppressor.

Biggest pistol I carry concealed is a Springfield EMP in 40. Its a 3" 1911 but it feels like Im packing a brick. </div></div>

Just messing with ya KY. I actually really like the way you have it setup.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr blasty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell KY, might as well go with an AR pistol at that point.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Biggest pistol I carry concealed is a Springfield EMP in 40. Its a 3" 1911 but it feels like Im packing a brick. </div></div>

Just messing with ya KY. I actually really like the way you have it setup.
smile.gif
</div></div>

laugh.gif