• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on LRI Mausingfield Hunter?

Jake the dog

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2017
Savannah, GA
If someone with one of these barreled actions would be kind enough to answer a couple of questions, my thanks. What are the differences between the LRI special and the stock Gen 1? What stock/chassis is it in, and the trigger you're using? Lastly, and most importantly, how does it shoot? I have a chassis from a Bergara B14 BMP and a BnA 2 stage Tac Pro that I would like to use. The chassis may get replaced when the budget allows, but I really like that trigger.

It's lighter than the Gen 1 MF because some ejection port material has been cut away, and it accepts BDL style internal box magazines. Also has a different rail interface w/Aluminum rail.

Biggest flag waved for me (personal beef aside) is finding legacy parts. It's a special version of a discontinued action. Also, the new MF has a similar (the same?) ejection port cut, BDL magazine capability, current production scope rails available in different cants, potentially direct-mount ring interface to come, shorter bolt lift, dual cocking cams, factory finish, etc... Not that I'd expect anything to fail ever, but if you wanted to change bolt face or scope rail down the road you're kinda backed into a corner.

Reactions: Jake the dog