• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Opinions on optics requested

johnputnam

Private
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2020
Good morning all,
I am stepping up to a quality setup and I am requesting your opinions. I am looking for something to stick on top of a Tikka Tac 1 .308 16" with a Omega 36M. I dont plan on engaging anything more than that 600yds with most between 50yds and 300yds. I dont have a pvs at this time but someday I plan to make it this a 24hr a day system. The optic will rest in a Spuhr if that matters, though I have no intent in a offset red dot.
Thus, I am leaning towards either a Steiner T6xi 3-18x56 or a Kahles K318i. I am also open to other options that I may not be aware of.

Thank you for your input

Between the two, if buying today, I’d pick the Steiner just from a cost standpoint and from an I wanna buy one standpoint. I’d also consider a 4-16x42 Atacr from the used market. NX8 2.5-20 would be on my radar as well. For night time stuff consider a reticle that doesn’t require dialing elevation.

Good morning all,
I am stepping up to a quality setup and I am requesting your opinions. I am looking for something to stick on top of a Tikka Tac 1 .308 16" with a Omega 36M. I dont plan on engaging anything more than that 600yds with most between 50yds and 300yds. I dont have a pvs at this time but someday I plan to make it this a 24hr a day system. The optic will rest in a Spuhr if that matters, though I have no intent in a offset red dot.
Thus, I am leaning towards either a Steiner T6xi 3-18x56 or a Kahles K318i. I am also open to other options that I may not be aware of.

Thank you for your input

I love my K318i with the SKMR3 reticle. I have it on my main lightweight hunting deer rifle.

tempImagedE2XuB.png

I have heavily considered the NX8 2.5-20 but have read disparaging reviews of the clarity past 14x (Not that I plan to use it that often but it would be nice to be able to see that far if need be.)
I am slightly worried about weight given I may be required to make a standing "unsupported" shot. Hoping a monopod/crye-pod/shooting stick will solve this

Reactions: simonp